Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is anybody else having issues finding brake parts?

I’ve been having a hell of a time finding brake parts for my 16, specifically the rear brakes. Yesterday I set out to change the pads and rotors.. I started calling around to auto parts store in my area and any store had to special order them. I eventually called Ford and found a dealer about an hour and a half away that had rear pads and rotors in stock. Fast forward to doing my brakes and I end up needing to replace a caliper. I start calling around again and no part stores have them and they can’t even order them. The closes Ford dealership I can get one from is 5 states away! Is this a common thing??

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Online is your friend. Auto parts stores are a rip-off.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

HBEcoBeaST

if you care about how your brakes feel go with motorcraft. brf 1444 and brf 1494 these are the high performance, high dust pads. All the cheap 'oem replacements' are horrible compared to the actual OEM/motorcraft pads.Tried two sets of cheap oem replacements that were unacceptable for my driving requirements both the PowerStop z23 ceramics and R1 concepts Sport Performance and OEM+ are bad brakes IMO and kill the driving nature of the FiST.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I’ve been having a hell of a time finding brake parts for my 16, specifically the rear brakes. Yesterday I set out to change the pads and rotors.. I started calling around to auto parts store in my area and any store had to special order them. I eventually called Ford and found a dealer about an hour and a half away that had rear pads and rotors in stock. Fast forward to doing my brakes and I end up needing to replace a caliper. I start calling around again and no part stores have them and they can’t even order them. The closes Ford dealership I can get one from is 5 states away! Is this a common thing??
we ship StopTech, HAWK, and EBC brake parts nearly everyday
Motul brake fluid, StopTech braided brake lines, and we stock Wilwood front big brake kits as well as big brake kits from Tarox and most recently VMAXX
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/ford-fiesta-st-suspension

if you care about how your brakes feel go with motorcraft. brf 1444 and brf 1494 these are the high performance, high dust pads. All the cheap 'oem replacements' are horrible compared to the actual OEM/motorcraft pads.Tried two sets of cheap oem replacements that were unacceptable for my driving requirements both the PowerStop z23 ceramics and R1 concepts Sport Performance and OEM+ are bad brakes IMO and kill the driving nature of the FiST.
What are your driving requirements?

Erick_V

I have Hawk 5.0 pads for the front. Initial bite isn’t as good as OEM but the modulation is pretty good. As far as street pads go I really like them. Only downfall is the initial bite, it’s a 7/10 compared to the OEM. They’re there when you need them but aren’t jerky as low speeds

HBEcoBeaST

I have Hawk 5.0 pads for the front. Initial bite isn’t as good as OEM but the modulation is pretty good. As far as street pads go I really like them. Only downfall is the initial bite, it’s a 7/10 compared to the OEM. They’re there when you need them but aren’t jerky as low speeds
I actually really liked my set up when i had 5.0s up front and oem motorcraft in back. I thought it lacked bite until I tried some cheapy pads, made me miss the 5.0 fronts. Ended up going motorcrafts and love the bite but I every time I wash my wheels I think of the 5.0s lol

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I roll Carbotech 1521 / Bobcat pads front and rear. Great setup....not too grabby but are there when your jam on the brakes! Plus little to no Dust...hehe

Good brake feel, good initial bite and excellent stopping power. I daily the car 300mi/week and also drive very spirited and do ocassional cone events.
I use my car in a similar manner and will be buying pads rotors and fluid next month. Sounds like Hawk 5.0 or carbotechs are the way to go. I am looking at the centric rotors as an OEM alternative. Any experience with those or maybe it doesn’t mater for mostly street driving?