Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is Fifteen52 wheel paint normally this brittle?

Brura22

So i just recieved my set of white Fifteen52 Tarmacs.
My immediate reaction out of the box was great. Theyre extremely well made and the finish on the face looks amazing.
But upon further inspection i started to see some troubling signs of flaking paint, drips and runs, and flakes that were repainted over???
I mean i am literally running my finger over the lips and paint is flaking off.
I even discovered chips of paint and paint dust all inside the box.

Runs

Repainted flake and chipping paint

Dont even know

Its worse on some spots but was hard to get my camera to focus on the white paint.

Just curious if this is normal for the 1552 Tarmac/Turbomac line..
Im also concerned about even mounting them. If rubbing my finger over them erases and flakes paint.. how will they do cruising down the highway at 80..

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #3
Maybe i'm too picky, but for the price of Fifteen 52's i'd send them back. Where'd you get them from?
No im def pretty livid. For over $1k in wheels id expect better.

I got them through Mountune

Yikes. Sorry you have to deal with it. I'm curious to know what they tell you though.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #5
Yikes. Sorry you have to deal with it. I'm curious to know what they tell you though.
Yeah the runs and what not looks like the top face/lip paint was so caked on that its just flaking off.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hopefully they will accommodate you and you won't have to pay shipping...or if they are super cool they will just send you new wheels and let you keep the old flaky ones....if you're lucky.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #7
Hopefully they will accommodate you and you won't have to pay shipping...or if they are super cool they will just send you new wheels and let you keep the old flaky ones....if you're lucky.
Yeah im hoping its that easy.
Really not trying to turn this into a battle. The wheels are def not up to standard.

Ill be contacting them Monday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #9
Wow what a joke. Sorry to see
I know right.. like at one point i thought i got some reps or some crap...

Maybe someone at [MENTION=4560]fifteen52[/MENTION] can offer some insight...

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Looks like they may of been on display or even had tires mounted and removed at one point. Any signs of being mounted on a car before around the lug nuts or rear face that sits against the brake rotors?

Where the boxes factory sealed or look like they had been opened before?

Take pictures if so to send to them if needed.

Perhaps the vendor is not at fault, if they did not inspect the wheels, which is usually the case if factory sealed, then it would be the manf or a distributor if there is one.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #11
Yeah I even called Mountune the day they got them from Fifteen52.

They got them in the mail, and immediately sent them off to me.
The boxes were extremely well sealed and packaging was perfect.

I pull them out, set them on foam mats. Got a hard on while looking at them, then lost my shit as I looked at them closer.

This is definitely on Fifteen52. Not sure that happened with these two wheels (the other two SEEM to be okay)

Just read your post and I feel for ya, I mean I waited over 2 months for mine to come in and they aren't cheap. Hopefully like the others have said fifteen52 will be able to help you out in correcting the issue. As for packaging mine came just like yours and was really impressed with which care they took to ensure the wheels would arrive in perfect condition.

Now as for the paint, I did get mine powder coated this year because last year the wonderful shop that removed my tires decided it was a good idea to not put any protection on the wheels and chipped the paint off. I got super cheap tires haha but just be careful with the paint or get them coated like I did so you never have to worry as much.

g/l and let us all know what they do to take care of this!

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #15
Fifteen52 offered a refund or replacement.

I sadly declined the offer.
For such a hefty price tag i expected perfection. But the situation got even worse when a 6 inch chunk of paint fell off the underside of the lip.

I have a friend who wants a set and wants to repowdercoat a different color.
Since i got them on sale thru Mountune i sold them to him at the same price and came out free.

Appreciate Fifteen52 for the refund offer and apology again.

But ill be investing in another brand.

I'm glad it worked out for you in the end. I still hope to own some someday. Hopefully you just got stuck with a fluke.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #17
I'm glad it worked out for you in the end. I still hope to own some someday. Hopefully you just got stuck with a fluke.
According to Fifteen they had a bad run of white wheels months ago and thought they had all them removed from the stock.
But i guess some slipped through and ended up in my hands.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #18
Just to note, the person i spoke to made a rather smart remark towards me.

Someone had screenshot a post i made on FB about how pissed off i was at the awful condition of the wheels and how i just wanted to mount them on a "wall of shame"
So the person i spoke to offered to let me send them back but said
"But sorry, you won't be able to get a refund and also put the blemished wheels on your wall of shame ;)"

Found the comment rather unneccessary and rude.
Regardless of how angry a customer is i dont believe you should ever toss smart remarks back.
Had this comment not been made i probably wouldve taken up the refund.
But this just made me lose all hope in the brand, from production, to quality control, and smartass customer service reps.