Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is it normal for HP to read lower than prior to a tune?

Spork1569

Just got a stage 2 Dizzy tune and when I had my gauges up I noticed the HP gauge never broke 180 HP despite the car feeling a lot faster and the boost going up to 25 psi now as opposed to the 22.5 of the stage 3 Cobb from before.

I also did install boomba bushings and transmission plate so I may have not plugged a sensor all the way back in.

Anyone else experience this with a new tune?

CSM

1000 Post Club
You can't go by that silly HP meter on the accessport.
Ran the Dizzy tune for a long time. Its def more power. Trust your butt dyno

OP
Spork1569

Spork1569

Thread Starter #3
You can't go by that silly HP meter on the accessport.
Ran the Dizzy tune for a long time. Its def more power. Trust your butt dyno
That's what I was assuming, didn't think it was the most accurate to start . Guess I just enjoyed seeing the number climb, but as for the but dyno I can definitely feel the difference, and that's just a flash tune.

CSM

1000 Post Club
That's what I was assuming, didn't think it was the most accurate to start . Guess I just enjoyed seeing the number climb, but as for the but dyno I can definitely feel the difference, and that's just a flash tune.
Its been a long time since I dug up my old dyno numbers but I vaguely recall my progression like this:
  • Stock - 172whp
  • Mountune MP215 tune - 188whp
  • Dizzy V2 93 Tune - 200whp
  • X37 + CPE Protune (93) - 258whp
  • X37 + CPE Protune (E30) - 275whp

Se7eN

Had a buddy dyno a Stratified OTS tune vs a OTS Stage 3 tune and it did in fact have about 10 to 15 less WHP, but did gain about 30~wtq, the car did feel much faster with the tune that read lest power as it had a lot more torque. That meter on the Cobb is not really all that accurate most of the time.