Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is it possible to Uninstall the Mountune Quick Shift kit?

I just bought this because i wanted to greatly reduce my throws. Maybe one day will get the coolerworx lever but it seems they dont pair well. So before i pull the factory ball out, has anyone ever successfully pressed the factory ball back in?

DangerMouse

I did when i put the coolerworx in. You need to remove the whole unit from the top of the transmission. Make sure car is in neutral and wiggle it out. Then you can remove the mountune adapter. I used a deadblow hammer with the mountune pin puller as a holder for the stock pin.

Attachments

OP
V
Thread Starter #3
I did when i put the coolerworx in. You need to remove the whole unit from the top of the transmission. Make sure car is in neutral and wiggle it out. Then you can remove the mountune adapter. I used a deadblow hammer with the mountune pin puller as a holder for the stock pin.
Looks pretty involved but not terrible. Thanks.

So you didn't even try to see if it worked with the two combined?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I've seen reports that you can't figure out what gear you're in nor can you find neutral with both. I have every intention of removing my Mountune adapter to fit a coolerworx in the future as well. Thanks for this post

DangerMouse

Looks pretty involved but not terrible. Thanks.

So you didn't even try to see if it worked with the two combined?
It wasn’t too bad. I couldn’t get the assembly out at first, was a little timid and i didn’t want to break anything. I just wasn’t pulling hard enough. I did not try both the mountune and the coolerworx together. The coolerworx is perfect as is, I don’t think it needs to be any shorter.