Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

IS MOTORCRAFT ORANGE COOLANT AVAILABLE ON THE SHELF

I can't find it available anywhere, im at going to dealer tomorrow, was wondering where anyone has found this on the shelf like a parts store thanks. Also any subs for the orange stuff would be appreciated. didn't do my research and put zerex g05 bc thats all the had at my local orielly for fords

OP
GreenthumbTim
Thread Starter #3
ill end up just having to go there im sure. just crazy that no one else has it.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I have "ford orange" zerex in my car. Haven't had a single cooling issue.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Our local small town O'Reilly Auto Parts has it in pretty much every brand including Motorcraft and in multiple sizes.

OP
GreenthumbTim
Thread Starter #7
Our local small town O'Reilly Auto Parts has it in pretty much every brand including Motorcraft and in multiple sizes.
Oreilly and autozone here in tucson az dont have shiiiiiiiit. super frustrating everyones coolant isle is a joke its hot here i don't get it

OP
GreenthumbTim
Thread Starter #8
I have "ford orange" zerex in my car. Haven't had a single cooling issue.
is it the zerex G05? my car doesn't get hot or anything i just am worried its going to react weird and clog up some passages or hoses in the cooling system

OP
GreenthumbTim
Thread Starter #9
Not sure if this is the right answer, but I use the Prestone Dexcool orange coolant and have not had any issues.

They tried to sell me green Ethylene Glycol coolant at the parts store, and you absolutely CANNOT mix green Ethylene Glycol coolant with the Orange Dexcool coolant. It will form a black sludge in your coolant system. (Ask me how I know :rolleyes:)

But as far as I know, Prestone Dexcool coolant is okay to run in our cars and should be available at almost all auto parts stores.

Last edited:

slopoke

I did a search online for Ford dealers in your area that sell parts online. Holmes Tuttle Ford sells a one gallon container of the yellow coolant for $22.13. Jim Click Ford has it for $20.75 per gallon. I usually call my dealership and ask if they honor the online price at the parts counter and I've always been able to get the online price by walking up to the counter. Some online ordering has a local pickup as an option too.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/f...PE5sEPPmuY6KpjX8alLz766L3RCi8/Js9WsYZENxp9vc=

OP
GreenthumbTim
Thread Starter #16
is the yellow coolant replacing the orange coolant? is that the plan or something?[/QUOTE
I did a search online for Ford dealers in your area that sell parts online. Holmes Tuttle Ford sells a one gallon container of the yellow coolant for $22.13. Jim Click Ford has it for $20.75 per gallon. I usually call my dealership and ask if they honor the online price at the parts counter and I've always been able to get the online price by walking up to the counter. Some online ordering has a local pickup as an option too.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/fluids-chemicals-and-lubricants/fluids/anti-freeze-11493539-1?dealerId=25427&catalogId=251&langId=-1&storeId=1405&krypto=I24D8d+EwPCZ8gxiiIMcEK+h3Q6vtnFKF9SyU3TBz2Z5P5QVnMb7yI6xXk/NvDXPE5sEPPmuY6KpjX8alLz766L3RCi8/Js9WsYZENxp9vc=
i just called Holmes Tuttle and they’re telling me Ford came out with a new compatible with all green lmao this is crazy just gonna go see what they have at the dealership today after work

OP
GreenthumbTim
Thread Starter #17
I went and there was a different guy at the desk who ended up selling me the yellow bc it’s what they now use and is mixable with all antifreezes according to him. not sure what the guy was taking about on the phone.

I can't find it available anywhere, im at going to dealer tomorrow, was wondering where anyone has found this on the shelf like a parts store thanks. Also any subs for the orange stuff would be appreciated. didn't do my research and put zerex g05 bc thats all the had at my local orielly for fords
I can’t say I’ve ever found it at local stores in my area. Usually I am forced to stick to online procurement. I accidentally double clicked/ordered a while ago and have been using the surplus since.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
There used to be a local retailer (National Auto) which had the orange on the shelf (for a decent price as well) years ago around here.

But they were sold to Car Parts which stopped carrying ANYTHING Motorcraft at all. [:(]
Some of the NAPAs used to carry it as well, but no longer do.

When I went to the dealer a few months ago they told me they didn’t sell the premix stuff so I ended up getting the concentrate. When I did my radiator I purchased 2 gallons from rock auto