Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is Mountune on life support?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
At least if they FORCE us into EVs, offer us some small, lower cg/NOT huge and heavy road tank, decent handling 'sporty' cars. [wink]
If the govt forces mfgs to only develop EVs, I’ll buy old emissions exempt cars and straight pipe them just out of spite. We all need to be a little more French in this regard. Refuse to be governed.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
My last O/T comment, I've noticed that auto manufacturers have been advertising reverse-charging as a means of reducing concerns over range-anxiety. Still, current Li-Ion tech hates cold and frigid temps. Make the mistake of running "dry" under those circumstances and the vehicle will have to be towed to a warm garage and allowed to warm-up some before a significant charge rate can be safely induced. One benefit though, it adds a certain, flare, to BattleBots matches. (pun intended)

Northern states might consider forcing us into the huge heavy road tanks as a way of avoiding having to repair the craters and skillets. 😏
1646599953998.png

the duke

I'm not sure that MPG would convince American to give up their land yachts. Gas mileage has increased to levels never thought of 30 years ago. Gas mileage on our Coyote Mustang 10 spd is 26mpg highway in the Sport + mode @ 75mph and above. In the Economy mode 28? 2019 Escape....31mpg driven hard. People have changed driving habits, my daughter is only required to show up at the office once a month so her FiST hardly even gets driven. Both our Coyote and daughters FiST will reach 36 months long before 36K miles. Even if 93 Octane goes to $10 a gallon we will still drive the same. Will do our usual 4-5K mile wandering vacation as normal this year, and Fifi will reward us with an average 36 mpg as usual. Like many I wish we could get the new FiST but it will never happen, no $$ for Ford to try to sell them here. Ford stock has looked really good after dumping the low profit vehicles.
28 mpg :lol: . I can get as low as 8.9 in my Fiesta.

I would be ok going electric in like 10-15 years IF we can get right to repair laws passed.

there will be sporty EVs, shoot there already is. but you cant toy with them. ever tried to do anything to a tesla? everything is software locked.

if EVs get to a point where you can wrench on them like on an ICE car, then I'd be onboard. again, in like 15 years.

and even then I'd prolly still have some old school cars in the garage