Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is the 2019 fiesta ST worth modding?

I've been thinking about buying a new ST but I'm stuck between the 2018 vs the 2019 ST. I know the 2019 is shiney and brand new with all the newer bells and whistles but I've also been thinking of modding the car as well. So really for me it comes down to the 3 cylinder vs 4. Would modding the 2019 put too much strain on it?

Largely a North American Forum here. No real experience with the three cylinders. That said before I left the Facebook group people in Fiesta ST Nation were talking about how the three cylinder got up to around 240 horsepower or so on the stock turbo with a tune etc. That's more than the 4-cylinder can do on stock turbo. 230~ on Dizzy e30 on 4 cyl.

OP
Xiocuatl
Thread Starter #4
We did not get the 3 cylinder in America.
We did not get the updated version in America. 2018/2019 same car.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
So you're telling me the NA 2019 carries the same engine as the 2018?

OP
Xiocuatl
Thread Starter #6
Well, that just makes my decision that much easier. I was worried that the 2019 had too small an engine to mod but since we don't have access to the updated engine anyway, then really it just comes down to the trimmings. I heard the 2019 with the performance package has a better differential for more aggressive turns. Can anyone verify this?

Dpro

6000 Post Club

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Just an updated interior, if I recall correctly
No, absolutely zero changed from '18 to '19 and from '17 to '18 only had the rear camera added. There were other tweaks the years before that, but really the 14-'19 is the same car, interior, everything, biggest difference is the change to Sync 3 for'16+... But if you are talking mechanical differences, they were all made by '17+ other than rear camera for last 2 years only. Basically Ford had so much production and parts laying around they decided on one last final year for '19 with the same car, they even added an "ST Line" to use up all the extra ST body kits they had, lol.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk