Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is the ST transmission splined or pressed together?

I read somewhere that everything is pressed onto the shafts of our trannys. Like 50 ton force required. If so, does that make them throwaway, in terms of could you even replace synchros, bearings etc. without excessive labor? And if true, are there suitable replacement trannys easily adapted?

The input shaft is splined and easily replaceable; however, the output shaft is pressed on and very difficult to replace. I was able to press the gears on with a 20T shop press and using a heat gun to heat them before pressing it on. It can be done, but its a lot of work.
This blog has a lot of useful information; I recommend checking it out:
http://blog.sluggyjunx.com/rebuilding-the-transmission-in-my-2014-ford-fiesta-st/

As for a suitable replacement transmission that is easily adapted, I don't think there are any that fall into that category. The Fiesta R2 transmission will fit, but it isn't easily adapted.