Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is there a OST “Pop/Crackle“ tune on Cobb AP?

Hello, My question is fairly simple, does the Cobb AP come with a OST tune that makes the car pop/bang? I’m not talking about a tune that ONLY does that, im talking more like an “effect”. (On stock exhaust or catback system). Do the Stage 1 OTS tunes make pop noises?

***Only talking about OTS, Not Stratified or Dizzy***

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Nope. And an free-er flowing car back is also recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ZachRacing
Thread Starter #6
You’ll get some random pops on decel and downshifts. Not as loud as the tunes ones, though.
Alright, that’s what I was wondering!

Also, while I have this thread active, I got another question (related to Cobb AP) ... When the “launch control” feature is activated in the AP settings, does the cruise control stop working? I’ve read that the button to activate LC was on the cruise control pad, does that mean it overrides the function? Hope this makes sense

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
One can change the launch control rpm with the cruise control buttons? I didnt think they had anything to do with it. In first gear, check. Clutch in, check. Not moving, check. Go pedal to the floor and launch control is a go.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

One can change the launch control rpm with the cruise control buttons? I didnt think they had anything to do with it. In first gear, check. Clutch in, check. Not moving, check. Go pedal to the floor and launch control is a go.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
You hold down the cruise contol set button for harder launches. Cruise needs to be off in order for it to work.

DEss

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
so that means I still wont have pops and crackles with an MBRP exhaust + OTS 91 Octane tune?
Any 3" system will give you some decel/between full throttle shift pops, and general decel 'crackles', even on the pure factory tune, and turbo (my CP-E system does this, especially when cold).

I will admit that a LOUD pop/crackle tune would come in handy on some of these back roads at night when there are SEAS of deer on the road sides, and nothing short of a shotgun blast scares them into the woods (but I do not feel like sacrificing my factory catcon for this feature). [:(]

OP
ZachRacing
Thread Starter #13
Any 3" system will give you some decel/between full throttle shift pops, and general decel 'crackles', even on the pure factory tune, and turbo (my CP-E system does this, especially when cold).

I will admit that a LOUD pop/crackle tune would come in handy on some of these back roads at night when there are SEAS of deer on the road sides, and nothing short of a shotgun blast scares them into the woods (but I do not feel like sacrificing my factory catcon for this feature). [:(]
If ever I get pulled over for pops, I’ll tell them
Its to scare the deers from the road :rolleyes: