Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is there a website that shows AP tunes ?

So while i was still deciding between tuners, i had try to find a listing of what kind of OTS and canned tunes SCT offered and they may as well been a unicorn or flying spaghetti monster. I did call a local shop who is an authorized SCT dealer but they actually recommended i go with AP lol. But i haven't found any tune listings for APs either.

Is there somewhere i can see listings and prices and such? I know there are supposed to be free tunes if you have an AP but are those only stage 1? Im guessing any e30 tunes will cost so i won't be expecting that free. But is e30 considered part of a stage? Should i just forget the idea of stages if im going with mixing fuels?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Get out of this "Stage" mind frame and get into what you want out of your Car.....If my FiST was in a STAGE it would be a 28. Get an AP3.....from a reputable vendor Dizzy.....Stratified....Tune +...JST....or buy one second hand and call a tuner and tell them what you want. Then get flash tune and drive it for a while. Get used to your car and add things as you go. Every time I hear someone say my car is a stage 4....It Makes me wanna ask if their Name is Kyle and if all they eat and drink is monster 24/7.

Last edited:

Spork1569

Get out of this "Stage" mind frame and get into what you want out of your Car.....If my was in a STAGE it would be a 28. Get an AP3.....from a reputable vendor Dizzy.....Stratified....Tune +...JST....or buy one second hand and call a tuner and tell them what you want. Then get flash tune and drive it for a while. Get used to your car and add things as you go. Every time I hear someone say my car is a stage 4....It Makes me wanna ask if their Name is Kyle and if all they eat and drink is monster 24/7.

I agree in the stage mindset doesn't really mean all that much. Pretty much marketing from Cobb to sell their bolt on packages before you can move on to the next "stage". The only real "required" mod would be an upgraded intercooler so you don't heat soak as fast.

As for pro tuners, I know some like dizzy just use the stages to differentiate whether you need an intercooler or not. Stage 1 means stock intercooler and stage 2 means upgraded IC(both of which usually have a 91 and 93 octane version). E-30 is om its own as a different tune due to the fuel type and doesn't really have a stage associated with it.

But like typhoon said best bet is to just forget all the stages and come up with a path you want to take with the car and a tune that will get you there. If you plan on keeping the stock snail then E-30 and some supporting mods will be the best bang for your buck.

Up to you if you would want a custom tune to squeeze as much power out of the car as possible.the difference between a custom tune and a flash tune besides price is the fact that you send the tuner data logs that they then use to make the tune customized to your specific car. You send in multiple logs with each rendition of the tune zeroing in on how to make the most power out of your specific car. The flash tunes are broad and meant to be able to be run on basically any FiST.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #5
I agree in the stage mindset doesn't really mean all that much. Pretty much marketing from Cobb to sell their bolt on packages before you can move on to the next "stage". The only real "required" mod would be an upgraded intercooler so you don't heat soak as fast.

As for pro tuners, I know some like dizzy just use the stages to differentiate whether you need an intercooler or not. Stage 1 means stock intercooler and stage 2 means upgraded IC(both of which usually have a 91 and 93 octane version). E-30 is om its own as a different tune due to the fuel type and doesn't really have a stage associated with it.

But like typhoon said best bet is to just forget all the stages and come up with a path you want to take with the car and a tune that will get you there. If you plan on keeping the stock snail then E-30 and some supporting mods will be the best bang for your buck.

Up to you if you would want a custom tune to squeeze as much power out of the car as possible.the difference between a custom tune and a flash tune besides price is the fact that you send the tuner data logs that they then use to make the tune customized to your specific car. You send in multiple logs with each rendition of the tune zeroing in on how to make the most power out of your specific car. The flash tunes are broad and meant to be able to be run on basically any FiST.
okay guys that was pretty much my hunch already which is why I was sort of asking about just tossing out the stage ideas. And what you said about E30 being kind of its own tune was also a hunch because i haven't heard it associated with any stages.

So i was kind of already moving in this direction anyway but you guys just confirmed that. In a way I'm kind of lucky I'm so new because the whole stage traditional thing from a Chad or Kyle hasn't really been ingrained in my head nothing is really ingrained because it's all pretty much new to me.

As for a custom tune I probably won't get that involved in it I am likely to be okay with a basic generic tune for E30. Down the road I would definitely like to upgrade the turbo but now we're getting into some real money so that's going to take some time.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Kyle hasnt mentioned stages at all if ever, he’s a smart kid doing a good thing. Watch a few of his vids and you’ll see he’s the real thing.

Go to cobbs website and you can look at plenty of dyno charts that show power increases for each of their staged tunes. Just click around, you’ll see them. As others said this stage thing is just marketing but it does help to give you an idea of what each tune does depending on what hardware you do or do not add.

Matt Farahs build on YouTube shows a bunch of very helpful Dyno runs that show power levels at different tunes. He explains it clearly as well.

I would really recommend you just start with the Cobb stage one tune and slowly take it from there. Do not add ethanol until you have driven without it for several months. Enjoy the car at different power levels and appreciate each gain you get. You know so little about cars and tuning, I would take it slow. If you go straight to an ethanol tune it is going to transform the car so much I don’t think you will enjoy or appreciate it. People who tend to go for everything immediately also tend to sell the car a year later. Take it slow and enjoy the process.