Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Issues with Sync3 and Carplay

Hypergram

Ever since I've got the car I've had issues with Sync3 and Carplay. The two that I need help with is (1) Occasionally when I plug in my phone Carplay does not automatically launch, and I have no way to activate it. It works the next time I get in the car, but occasionally it just won't work. (2) Siri almost never works. Whenever I press the voice control button on the steering wheel, it makes the noise like it is listening, and then just ignores everything I say and goes back to its previous app. To make a call or text, I have to use my phone itself, which completely defeats the purpose. Any ideas?

Ford ST

1000 Post Club
I have the same issue with Android auto I just turn the car off, and try again it normally works after the second time.
I can't speak for your second issue I hate Apple products and I don't talk to anybody on the phone.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

1000 Post Club
Ever since I've got the car I've had issues with Sync3 and Carplay. The two that I need help with is (1) Occasionally when I plug in my phone Carplay does not automatically launch, and I have no way to activate it. It works the next time I get in the car, but occasionally it just won't work. (2) Siri almost never works. Whenever I press the voice control button on the steering wheel, it makes the noise like it is listening, and then just ignores everything I say and goes back to its previous app. To make a call or text, I have to use my phone itself, which completely defeats the purpose. Any ideas?
Make sure the phone IOS is fully updated, and make sure the sync3 firmware is fully updated. You also might try another lightning cable, I know I had issues when using a low quality third party cable. Cables from Anker are generally pretty good and ridiculously durable.

You also might need to do a full phone reset - if yours is one with a home button, hold the power button (top right) and the home button for ~20 seconds until the phone goes dark. If it's on ios 12 it won't shut off it'll just bring up the "swipe to shut down" screen. Do so, wait ~20 seconds then power back on.

Last edited:
OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

Thread Starter #4
Make sure the phone IOS is fully updated, and make sure the sync3 firmware is fully updated. You also might try another lightning cable, I know I had issues when using a low quality third party cable. Cables from Anker are generally pretty good and ridiculously durable.

You also might need to do a full phone reset - if yours is one with a home button, hold the power button (top right) and the home button for ~20 seconds until the phone goes dark. If it's on ios 12 it won't shut off it'll just bring up the "swipe to shut down" screen. Do so, wait ~20 seconds then power back on.
I've done all of these things at one point or another I believe, but next time I'm in the car I'll check for an update, and the third party cables are really poor. They break in like a month...

I experience the same thing with CarPlay. Similar to FordST, I have to reboot the car to get Sync 3 to recognize my phone, LOL.