Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

It took me 65k miles to post an intro...

...But better late than never!

I bought my 2014 Molten Orange FiST about three years ago with 30k miles on it and am now inching closer to the big six digit milestone every day. It's the best car I've ever owned and we plan to keep in the family as long as we can. It's been a great little adventure car, daily driver, mtb hauler, forest road cruiser, and learner car for our teenage daughter.

I got it from the previous owner with almost all the mods I would have done myself: RMM, throttle pedal spacer, Cobb shift knob, Accessport, mud flaps, and symposer delete. It even came with a roof rack and set of winter tires on steelies! I haven't done much since except swapping out the stock 17s for 16" Sparco Terras and swapping the OEM shocks with Koni Oranges. Those last two mods have made getting to trailheads on forest service roads much more tolerable, and I've even got a skid plate ready to go on this spring. We've gone through two sets of BFG Comp 2 A/S, and three sets of brake pads/rotors. I can't even be mad when consumables on this little car are so cheap!

And no intro post is complete without photos, so here are some highlights from the last year or so:

Sometimes she wears a backpack:

Other times it's bikes:

I lost one of the jack point covers a while back and I can't unsee the little hole on the sideskirt...

At home in the new garage!

Stablemates

SPhilli911

Welcome! Your car is the orange version of my ST with almost identical mods, except my 16" Sparco Terras are white. Even have the exact same bike rack.

Also, what a beautiful area to live. I visited WA (before the pandemic) and decided it's a place I'd like to live someday, for sure. Did some great hiking in Olympic National Park and surrounding areas.

OP
E
Thread Starter #7
Thanks everyone!

I'm glad you enjoyed your time out here, Philli. Second Beach and the rest of the Olympic coast is our favorite place to go backpacking, and I've taken the Fiesta up there countless times. There are some world class driving roads up here in the very tippy tip of the US. This was one of our recent campsites - second beach is unmistakable!

SPhilli911

Thanks everyone!

I'm glad you enjoyed your time out here, Philli. Second Beach and the rest of the Olympic coast is our favorite place to go backpacking, and I've taken the Fiesta up there countless times. There are some world class driving roads up here in the very tippy tip of the US. This was one of our recent campsites - second beach is unmistakable!
That has got to be a great place to hammock camp! Second Beach was probably my favorite location on the trip, as we had the place to ourselves since it was winter.

Unfortunately, while I was out there I only had a rental car (a VW Beetle :cool:), but even in that the roads were fantastic by the coast and on the way up to Cape Flattery. I have been planning a cross country trip in my ST for many years and Second Beach is a destination I will definitely go back to and I will bring a hammock.

OP
E
Thread Starter #10
Nice!

My Mtb stable is a SC Bronson 2 and also a Ragley Marley hardtail (I stripped the paint on the frame and run it raw).
Whoa, what are the chances! I love my Hightower, but not gonna lie, the Marley is what I've been riding most of the time lately. It's just so rowdy and fun, kinda like the Fiesta. I've got to see a pic of this naked hardtail you speak of...

Whoa, what are the chances! I love my Hightower, but not gonna lie, the Marley is what I've been riding most of the time lately. It's just so rowdy and fun, kinda like the Fiesta. I've got to see a pic of this naked hardtail you speak of...
Interesting. I've found that I've been on FS for so long, despite having learned on 20" BMX bikes and then a hardtail mtn bike, that the hardtail just isn't as fun. I'm even less enthusiastic about climbing cause every small bump you're bouncing around on the seat, where even with a highly locked out shock on a FS bike you simply don't get that.

Anyway, if you're on Instagram, I think the last pics I posted were of the freshly built Marley. check out sc_rider. There's stuff of my car on there as well, but I pretty much abandoned the platform and don't even look at it anymore. If not I can throw a pic up here.

Hello. Fellow "mountain" biker here. I put mountain in parenthesis since the biggest hills in Michigan get you up to about 2000 ft. I been debating on a roof rack for awhile. I had one with my old car. I'm using a hitchmount bike rack. What do you get for MPG with the bikes on the roof?

OP
E
Thread Starter #14
Hello. Fellow "mountain" biker here. I put mountain in parenthesis since the biggest hills in Michigan get you up to about 2000 ft. I been debating on a roof rack for awhile. I had one with my old car. I'm using a hitchmount bike rack. What do you get for MPG with the bikes on the roof?
Hey, you can have a lot of fun in 2,000 ft of vert! Our local hill is only about 900' tall, so we know all about making the most with the elevation you're given. I honestly haven't ever bothered to calculate my mileage with the bikes on. All the trail systems I ride are within an hour's drive so they're rarely up there long enough for me to figure it out. It would probably just depress me anyway...