Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

It's about TIME ferd!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Both of them suck. The post above that is a great read.

Recycling people is not how you fix a company.

Nice knowing you Ford.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Its ok folks. There is always the other blue oval making decently priced equipment.

Id be shocked if ford offered a passenger car within the next 5 years. I highly doubt it.

jayrod1980

Its ok folks. There is always the other blue oval making decently priced equipment.

Id be shocked if ford offered a passenger car within the next 5 years. I highly doubt it.

I think they only offer reasonably priced equipment after discounts and such.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Those help. But honestly 28k for a mid range spec wrx is a pretty good bargain for what you get.

xxiaze

Those help. But honestly 28k for a mid range spec wrx is a pretty good bargain for what you get.
I feel like not stepping into an STI just limits your progression though. The wrx is expensive to build and always leaves you dreaming of what you COULD have gotten. That’s what made me so happy with the FiST... there wasn’t an RS version that always left me dreaming. I’m the type that tends to desire the greatest. The wrx really isn’t too powerful and really is only great as a daily driver. If you’re going to step into the platform I feel it’s best to pick yourself up an STI even if that means buying an earlier generation. These are just my opinions though. That being said, Subaru platforms are overpriced, challenging to build big and all around expensive and moderately unreliable in the scheme of things. I do think ford has made an enthusiast mistake. But, like MOPAR I believe they will realize this in the near future. Until then I am satisfied with my vehicle and will maintain and build it until the new time comes.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
The wrx and the sti are a lot closer in performance than they used to be. Only major appeal of the sti is brembos and dccd. The new fa20 has proven to be decently stout compared to the ej. The car is built to a power limit, dont exceed it and the car is great to enjoy. Even the sti is built with a power limit in mind.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club

I gotta agree with the other blue oval. When came time for my wife to get new vehicle I was interested in a flex or edge but then ford said they were getting rid of all cars and I didn’t like that direction so walked away from the ford idea. Picked up a brand new crosstrek for just under 22k. It’s a lot of car for the money and what can you touch brand new for that price now days? F ford

DoomsdayMelody

I gotta agree with the other blue oval. When came time for my wife to get new vehicle I was interested in a flex or edge but then ford said they were getting rid of all cars and I didn’t like that direction so walked away from the ford idea. Picked up a brand new crosstrek for just under 22k. It’s a lot of car for the money and what can you touch brand new for that price now days? F ford
Don’t forget Mazda has the AWD turbo Mazda3, while auto only, they finally announced pricing.

30k for the hatch
29k for the sedan

Here’s to hoping they include a firm suspension in that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The wrx and the sti are a lot closer in performance than they used to be. Only major appeal of the sti is brembos and dccd. The new fa20 has proven to be decently stout compared to the ej. The car is built to a power limit, dont exceed it and the car is great to enjoy. Even the sti is built with a power limit in mind.
I kind of like the Scooby performance models (even without the 'razor sharpness' they give up to the FiST), but, would NOT like 'passing myself' 1000 times a day, as everyone and their great grand 5th auntie own an STI/WRX around here, and even much more so at the ARA rallies I volunteer on.

I like having a somewhat 'rare' car I don't see at all around here (or on the rallies for the most part), even though we all bemoan/can't figure out how they did not sell, and Ford's resultant discontinuation of them.

Brianmc27

I kind of like the Scooby performance models (even without the 'razor sharpness' they give up to the FiST), but, would NOT like 'passing myself' 1000 times a day, as everyone and their great grand 5th auntie own an STI/WRX around here, and even much more so at the ARA rallies I volunteer on.

I like having a somewhat 'rare' car I don't see at all around here (or on the rallies for the most part), even though we all bemoan/can't figure out how they did not sell, and Ford's resultant discontinuation of them.
Every time I drove somewhere these days I see at least one WRX/STI per mile driven. AT LEAST

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT BUY A NEW STI! Go WRX for now until the new FA24 sti is released. Subaru has been milking the hell out of the EJ257 since 2004. The only upgrade they've made to the car a change in rear suspension design in 2008 and new brakes in 2019 (that are actually rehashed from the RA-R from 07).

jayrod1980

Ironic that I went from Subaru to Ford. I loved my WRX wagon, but since I bought a Flex AWD Ecoboost, Fiesta ST, and a 2018 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost 4WD.

Subaru’s 2.0T is great, but the STI is overpriced and very long in the tooth and they abandoned all of their other enthusiast version vehicles. I actually wanted a Forrester, but the dropped the turbo version and their NA vehicles are slow as dirt, and hate their awful CVT. Rented an Outback once with that transmission and it was loud and manic. Still holding out on them bringing over a Levorg or STI with the newer 2.4T.

Brianmc27

Ironic that I went from Subaru to Ford. I loved my WRX wagon, but since I bought a Flex AWD Ecoboost, Fiesta ST, and a 2018 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost 4WD.

Subaru’s 2.0T is great, but the STI is overpriced and very long in the tooth and they abandoned all of their other enthusiast version vehicles. I actually wanted a Forrester, but the dropped the turbo version and their NA vehicles are slow as dirt, and hate their awful CVT. Rented an Outback once with that transmission and it was loud and manic. Still holding out on them bringing over a Levorg or STI with the newer 2.4T.
We’ve got an ‘11 Outback with the 3.6 H6 and 6 speed auto. It makes good power and has been crazy reliable with almost 140k on the clock.

DoomsdayMelody

You shouldn’t have long to wait... the i30/Elantra N is coming soon to the US. The only problem with Hyundai is their encrypted ECU... very hard to tune.
SXTHELEMENT supplies tunes for Hyundai engines. Apparently it isn’t as easy as the Cobb AP makes it for the FiST though.

jayrod1980

SXTHELEMENT supplies tunes for Hyundai engines. Apparently it isn’t as easy as the Cobb AP makes it for the FiST though.

My buddy who is a senior manager at Hyundai corporate only knew of one tuner stateside who had the means to unencrypt the ECU, but I’m not an expert in Hyundai’s. I would be very interested in the i30/Elantra N though when it arrives, as it’s a little more grown up and but better interior, along with fully independent rear suspension compared to the Veloster. I did ride around in the Veloster N before it was released and it felt very good... a lot of the same fun I get out of the Fiesta ST.