Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Joined the ST club

Greetings from the SF Bay Area.

I just took delivery of a black 2019 ST with 17" black wheels, red calipers and Recaro seats. It will be my daily driver, replacing my black 242 Turbo Volvo purchased brand new in 1981, which will convalesce with nearly 400K. Faithful ride but what a kick in the pants this ST. Same satisfaction I had when I bought the Turbo Volvo.

I intend to post a question about suspension; specifically, which lowering spring package will keep the ride as close to stock as possible, clearly understanding there will be a compromise. The intent is to give it the lowered look with the lowest percentage of ride loss not the best autocross performance. Each spring package is different and I have no idea which will meet this requirement. That's where the forum comes in. Also, I will seek recommendations for suspension and chassis bracing. I am a firm believer in these upgrades. I installed progressive rate lowering springs, a strut tower to tower brace and sub-chassis braces on the Volvo which completely transformed the car. The springs tightened the ride a touch to the better but the handling and especially braking control increased dramatically. Very satisfying. I actually think the ST handles great as-is but better is always better. [hihi]

My intention is to keep the car relatively stock engine-wise. I like it just as it is. The exhaust note has good punctuation and it appears to breathe well. Perhaps a cold intake might help? I am open to suggestions.

I have been a long-standing member of Turbobricks.com, a Volvo forum, and please trust I will not troll the forum with dumb questions. Been there - seen that. Since taking delivery, I have been researching and reading but will welcome interactive input. After all, you have the car!

Well, onto my first post for suspension questions.

Many thanks and 'Hello"!