Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Junk Yard Parts

I may be following up on a lead on getting junked STs as more and more of them have been landing on insurance lots and auction blocks recently.

What random/potentially in demand parts would be wise to take off these cars as our they age and our only avenues for OEM parts are exorbitant prices at the dealer or shipping parts from overseas? Obvious ones like seats and exterior trim pieces are an easy guess, (though it seems certain yard employees from certain auction yards are grabbing these pieces off, all power to them). Might we get a list going of parts cross-referenced with other models as well. Also on some other forums there are wrecked/junkyard alerts to keep track of cars that are no longer with us, too early to start something like that?

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Steering wheel with ST emblem, bumpers, side skirts, rear wings, grilles, Recaro seats.

Drivetrains are an obvious grab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
FRONT END PARTS. NEAR TO IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND LOCALLY.

PEOPLE SWEAR ITS ME BEING CHEAP BUT ITS NOT, I WANT FACTORY PAINTED PARTS. I AM NOT A FAN OF REPAINTING. ALREADY PRICED NEW PARTS AND NO LOL

OP
T
Thread Starter #7
DSC_0032.JPG

@TaxRooster
Been junk yard diving for some different cars today. Found what I thought was a regular fiesta and after looking at an NA 1.6 up front and base trim wheels and interior, I walked around back to find it has an ST rear bumper cover, in magnetic gray. This smaller bottom trim you're likely needing also has two broken tabs, though the cover itself is in good shape.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Outside mirrors would be a good thing to have. I whacked one of mine into the side of my garage while engaging in stupid parking, and a new OEM one was around $350.

OP
T
Thread Starter #9
Damn fraudsters. VIN lookup definitely pulls up a 17 MagGray ST. Somewhere along the way from the first shop/auction yard to this yard, someone swapped most of everything with a base model, engine, dash, chassis, suspension, ecu... etc etc. Lol nothing is even bolted in just shoved in place, engine is precariously hanging from the bay, I don't think the shifter column is even from a Fiesta. They must have left the rear bumper because of the broken tabs on the bottom trim. The rear bumper cover itself has some scuffs on the very edge near the lights but in good shape.

I snagged the bottom trim for that plastic grille, needed one to cut out for a hitch and some interior trim pieces my dog had gnawed on.

Second time I've come across this with the FiST specifically. Have found similar things with luxury/performance packages on other cars in the past, becoming very common place with all the recent random Ford Sport/Performance/EB trims

DSC_0034[1].JPG
DSC_0023[1].JPG

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
This thread should/will not turn into a "Want to Buy" or "For Sale" thread.
We already have a place for those.

View attachment 30422

@TaxRooster
Been junk yard diving for some different cars today. Found what I thought was a regular fiesta and after looking at an NA 1.6 up front and base trim wheels and interior, I walked around back to find it has an ST rear bumper cover, in magnetic gray. This smaller bottom trim you're likely needing also has two broken tabs, though the cover itself is in good shape.

haha appreciate it. Mine is broken in the exact same spot. one tab broken, one hanging by a thread.