Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just got my FiST!

Hello from Central Illinois. Just picked up a 2017 Platinum White FiST on Saturday. Had been looking for awhile, checking out other cars as well. This site was very helpful in my research.

The car is completely stock now, the only additions are Weathertech floormats, and a different front plate mount because the former owner was in a no front plate state. I have Rally Armors on the way now, should be here Wednesday. Otherwise plan to leave it alone for a good long while and just enjoy it as my daily driver. I'll probably grab some Blizzaks on 15" steelies before next winter but that's about it. Love it so far.

Congrats and welcome!!! [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

From another 2017 White Platinum owner! You'll come to realize that the worst thing about this car is the black base under the paint [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
It seems solid now but I've heard the paint is thin. Hoping the mudflaps help with that. I noticed it has a clear protector on the front of the hood, is that a standard feature? I can't tell if it's on the bumper as well, but I can see the line on the hood.

The only clear protectors that came standard on mine were around the wheel wells. Most of my chips are on the front bumper, and they just drive me crazy crazy [emoji23] I've also driven 24k in 1 year, so that doesn't necessarily help.

DangerMouse

Welcome and congrats! I'm up in Northern Illinois. Definitely get some winter tires, makes a world of difference with this car.

welcome. even if you don't plan to do much, a rear motor mount is something to consider. it really makes the car more drivable.

OP
M
Thread Starter #12
That didn't last long... Hit a deer last night. Actually the deer hit me, left side. The whole side is pretty beat up and both sets of side airbags went off.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That didn't last long... Hit a deer last night. Actually the deer hit me, left side. The whole side is pretty beat up and both sets of side airbags went off.

Oh no! So sorry to hear dude. Glad you're okay! I drive thru a lot of wooded areas and have had several cost encounters of the deer kind, deer suck.

OP
M
Thread Starter #16
Insurance adjuster should be checking it all out right now.

OP
M
Thread Starter #18
They ended up totalling it which I think was the best outcome. The original estimate apparently had the wrong part numbers for the airbags, the right numbers were more money so the estimate went up.

I had a keeper policy so they gave me enough to get a new one, and I was set that I was going to get a new one but then I went a totally different route and bought a low mileage BMW i3 REX and had some cash left over. Loved the FiST for the time I had it, but enjoying the BMW as well. Haven't put gas in it yet. If anyone with a FiST is thinking about getting an electric car, the i3 is the closest thing out there in my opinion. Doesn't have quite the performance or handling, but is no slouch and despite similar exterior dimensions is massive on the inside compared to the Ford. Slower 0-60, but the instant roll-on power between 20-50 is probably a little stronger in the BMW.

Anyway, thanks for all the info here, I read a lot of posts that were helpful before I bought my First. In a year or two when I can find a cheaper used one, I might get one for a fun car.

Yea, totaling after a deer strike and airbags is definitely for the best. Sorry that you're out of the FiST so fast! Best of luck with the Bimmer [emoji1303][emoji1303]