Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just got my new 2019 Fiesta ST

Alpine1876

39 years old with two, soon to be three kids, just bought a new 2019 Fiesta. (Yes, if your wondering, 3 car seats do fit in the back)

Replaces my 2018 Fiesta SE 5 speed. (45mpg beast!)

$21000, 3 months payment deferred, 3 months paid by ford, 0% interest. How could I say no to that!

Attachments

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Welcome!

The FiST is a thirsty car for its size, but I average around 30 mpg in mixed driving. Worth it.
How slow do YOU drive? lol My work commute is an even mix, but only 9 miles. I forgot, but I think with stock tune/Cobb 0, I was getting much less. idk. Highway w/small hills was 33 with a light foot. With Dizzy tune, forgettaboutit. I have a lead foot on that tune for sure. Not even worth mentioning...lol

but yes, WORTH IT. Fun, little hot hatch. It's my late-life crisis car.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
How slow do YOU drive? lol My work commute is an even mix, but only 9 miles. I forgot, but I think with stock tune/Cobb 0, I was getting much less. idk. Highway w/small hills was 33 with a light foot. With Dizzy tune, forgettaboutit. I have a lead foot on that tune for sure. Not even worth mentioning...lol

but yes, WORTH IT. Fun, little hot hatch. It's my late-life crisis car.
I kept it close to stock. My mods mostly just address driveability.
I've found that using the cruise control when you're just putting around makes it get better mileage.
I've also found that "spirited" driving, while cathartic, really sucks the gas.
I drove it like that today. It's fun to have an economy car that feels like a race car when you're in the mood.
Eco-boost is either eco, or boost. You can't have both. :D

OP
A

Alpine1876

Thread Starter #11
39 years old with two, soon to be three kids, just bought a new 2019 Fiesta. (Yes, if your wondering, 3 car seats do fit in the back)

Replaces my 2018 Fiesta SE 5 speed. (45mpg beast!)

$21000, 3 months payment deferred, 3 months paid by ford, 0% interest. How could I say no to that!
Welcome to the forum. You are among the last of the new purchase FiST owners!

Props on getting 3 car seats in the Fiesta.
I've got 2 forward facers now and can't imagine adding a 3rd.

You won't be getting that MPG.... but it's WAY more fun to drive and still gets good MPG all things considered. Great time to buy a car too if you can get an honest dealer and help them out by helping yourself to a new vehicle.

Seems like you did, Congratulations on the new ST!

How do we, as a collective, know when the last 2018/2019 is sold?
Well, you can get close by looking at Cargurus or similar.

I show two grey and 1 white. Man, they sure have sold fast in the last few months. Glad I got mine last Nov.

Last edited:
Welcome from a fellow Magnetic owner. Make sure you look at ST octane academy. It was a blast and opened the door to craving auto cross and track days.

I kept it close to stock. My mods mostly just address driveability.
I've found that using the cruise control when you're just putting around makes it get better mileage.
I've also found that "spirited" driving, while cathartic, really sucks the gas.
I drove it like that today. It's fun to have an economy car that feels like a race car when you're in the mood.
Eco-boost is either eco, or boost. You can't have both. :D
I get just under 31mpg with Cobb stage 2 mods and Dizzy stage 2 tune. I used to get 33 when it was stock. Like you said, using cruise control is a big help. I also get to 6th gear very quickly on the streets, though without being a slowpoke.

It’s easier now with that great torque bump from the mods. First gear pulls more like it should, so I can build momentum and keep the revs low in all gears and not drive at granny speeds.