Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just got my tune! Now what?

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Hi there! Just got my ordered tune from Dizzy (surprisingly quick actually) and Jason has asked me to monitor somethings. He said "
Please also set your AP to log the following parameters:

Accel. Pedal Pos.
Actual AFR
Airflow Mass
Boost Pressure
Charge Air Temp.
~ETC Angle Actual
Engine RPM
Ign Corr. Cyl1
Ign Corr. Cyl2
Ign Corr. Cyl3
Ign Corr. Cyl4
Ign Timing Cyl1
Ign Timing Cyl3
~Load Actual
Octane Adj. Ratio Lrn
~TIP Desired Rel
~Turbo PID WGDC Base X
~Turbo PID WGDC Base Y
Vehicle Speed
~WGDC Actual
"
Does he want me to log these and send them to him, monitor these things occasionally, or just log them and save the logs in case I need them? Also, I put a little squiggly line next to the things I don't know the meaning of. If you can provide a definition for a simpleton like me, I would appreciate it lol. Thank you.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi there! Just got my ordered tune from Dizzy (surprisingly quick actually) and Jason has asked me to monitor somethings. He said "

Accel. Pedal Pos.
Actual AFR
Airflow Mass
Boost Pressure
Charge Air Temp.
~ETC Angle Actual
Engine RPM
Ign Corr. Cyl1
Ign Corr. Cyl2
Ign Corr. Cyl3
Ign Corr. Cyl4
Ign Timing Cyl1
Ign Timing Cyl3
~Load Actual
Octane Adj. Ratio Lrn
~TIP Desired Rel
~Turbo PID WGDC Base X
~Turbo PID WGDC Base Y
Vehicle Speed
~WGDC Actual
"
Does he want me to log these and send them to him, monitor these things occasionally, or just log them and save the logs in case I need them? Also, I put a little squiggly line next to the things I don't know the meaning of. If you can provide a definition for a simpleton like me, I would appreciate it lol. Thank you.
They are the Areas he wants to see when you log your tunes so you must set your AP3 to record those things in order for him to correctly tune your vehicle so you can go fast!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
They are the Areas he wants to see when you log your tunes so you must set your AP3 to record those things in order for him to correctly tune your vehicle so you can go fast!

Well how often am I logging my tunes? All the time? Or just when I have a question or issue? And can't you only record 6 things at a time, since that's the max limit of the gauge screen?

danbfree

3000 Post Club

Accel. Pedal Pos.
Actual AFR
Airflow Mass
Boost Pressure
Charge Air Temp.
~ETC Angle Actual
Engine RPM
Ign Corr. Cyl1
Ign Corr. Cyl2
Ign Corr. Cyl3
Ign Corr. Cyl4
Ign Timing Cyl1
Ign Timing Cyl3
~Load Actual
Octane Adj. Ratio Lrn
~TIP Desired Rel
~Turbo PID WGDC Base X
~Turbo PID WGDC Base Y
Vehicle Speed
~WGDC Actual
"
Yes, these are the things he wants to check in your logs so make sure they are the ones selected to be a part of the data log. I can tell you that timing and boost is controlled by the "load", you'll see bigger boost and added timing numbers while under heavier loads and WGDC Actual is the actual percentage of max rate that the wastegate is working to open and close (WasteGate Duty Cycle), some tuners don't tune to go above 70% some push it to 85% and this is where having a 7 psi spring over the stock 5 psi spring can be tuned to hold a bit more boost through the powerband, hybrids and BT's use 11 or 14 psi typically.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well how often am I logging my tunes? All the time? Or just when I have a question or issue?
Jason will usually have you go and record a minimum of 3 data logs so he can interpret the data and start fine tuning the car.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Well how often am I logging my tunes? All the time? Or just when I have a question or issue? And can't you only record 6 things at a time, since that's the max limit of the gauge screen?
You just need to put 100 miles on the car then do a 2500-6500 logged pull in 3rd gear with those things selected... The gauges can only show 6 at a time but it can do something like 28 for logging in the background.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
You just need to put 100 miles on the car then do a 2500-6500 logged pull in 3rd gear with those things selected... The gauges can only show 6 at a time but it can do something like 28 for logging in the background.
So I put 100 miles on the tune, then set up a log where I do the pulls and email him the results? Thanks Dan, and everyone else who helped me.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
So I put 100 miles on the tune, then set up a log where I do the pulls and email him the results? Thanks Dan, and everyone else who helped me.
Yep, once you go into your AP to set those PID's to datalog, you just get to your flat wide open spot, sit at 2500 RPM in 3rd and press the center button to start datalogging... just wait for the little countdown before you floor it and hit the center button again to end at 6500 RPM... Then connect the AP to your PC and pull the datalog and email it to him and he will likely tell you that you are fine, and that's it if you ordered a regular flash tune, or he will send you adjustments if you ordered custom.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Yep, once you go into your AP to set those PID's to datalog, you just get to your flat wide open spot, sit at 2500 RPM in 3rd and press the center button to start datalogging... just wait for the little countdown before you floor it and hit the center button again to end at 6500 RPM... Then connect the AP to your PC and pull the datalog and email it to him and he will likely tell you that you are fine, and that's it if you ordered a regular flash tune, or he will send you adjustments if you ordered custom.
I ordered 2 flash tunes with some particular specifications. Thanks for the clarification. In the email, it says there's one free datalog review. I guess that is what that's for.

Erick_V

I ordered 2 flash tunes with some particular specifications. Thanks for the clarification. In the email, it says there's one free datalog review. I guess that is what that's for.
Make sure the area you do the log is flat and not bumpy. If it goes downhill there will be less load on the motor, incline will have more load. Also, make sure you can safely get to speed and be able to slow down as the top of 3rd is close to 80. Turn traction control off too. I miss being able to do 3rd gear logs. 4th gear logs take me to 100+...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yep! He will just review it to make sure everything looks good.... it's debatable whether full custom tuning is really worth it on a stock turbo, hell, most bolt on's don't do much at all, mostly just even more torque, Also not sure much is left on the table 100% safely past what these flash tunes provide, he basically sends a cookie cutter stage 1 or 2 tune, he doesn't modify much based on mods, just the stage 2 for aftermarket IC.. Which I regret not doing sooner but at least I did good supporting mods first too so now I'm all set!

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Just in case you aren't super clear on it - to start logging you push the big round button on the AP while on the "gauges" screen, it'll blink to tell you it's logging, then you do your pull, then you push the big round button to stop logging, then you send him the file.

Not pandering, I just don't know what your level of familiarity with the AP and starting logging is. Some people thought that "logging" was watching the numbers on the AP while doing the pull, just making sure you know the difference :)

Just in case you aren't super clear on it - to start logging you push the big round button on the AP while on the "gauges" screen, it'll blink to tell you it's logging, then you do your pull, then you push the big round button to stop logging, then you send him the file.

Not pandering, I just don't know what your level of familiarity with the AP and starting logging is. Some people thought that "logging" was watching the numbers on the AP while doing the pull, just making sure you know the difference :)
I'll admit to being an AP novice, having only loaded and flashed my Cobb Stage 2 and Strat 91 once each. These logs, do they contain readings for all parameters the tuner needs for a revision? I thought I read somewhere in the literature that certain ones needed to be selected. Any clarity is much, much appreciated.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I'll admit to being an AP novice, having only loaded and flashed my Cobb Stage 2 and Strat 91 once each. These logs, do they contain readings for all parameters the tuner needs for a revision? I thought I read somewhere in the literature that certain ones needed to be selected. Any clarity is much, much appreciated.
If you check the OP, there’s a list of the things Dizzy says to monitor. You enable what to log from the gauges screen, then I logs just the selected parameters to a file. You can send the logs in or you can upload them to datazap.me to look at them.

If you check the OP, there’s a list of the things Dizzy says to monitor. You enable what to log from the gauges screen, then I logs just the selected parameters to a file. You can send the logs in or you can upload them to datazap.me to look at them.
My bad. At work and got excited someone asked a question I've been curious about for some time. Thx

Btw you’ll probably need to delete some items from the list so you can add what your tuner has requested to log. Data logging was fun in the beginning 5 years ago 🚀