Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just Heard a Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust and...

I just listened to a Cobb, MRBP, and a Magnaflow and the Magnaflow was only 2 1/4, but it sounded mellow. Nice and deep while taking off and being civil. Has anyone considered this exhaust system? Any insight is welcomed.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I just listened to a Cobb, MRBP, and a Magnaflow and the Magnaflow was only 2 1/4, but it sounded mellow. Nice and deep while taking off and being civil. Has anyone considered this exhaust system? Any insight is welcomed.
It's piping diameter is not much bigger then stock and its kind of expensive for what it is, just my 2 cents.

me32

1000 Post Club
Is they really any gain with the 2.25in exhaust. Seems like there wouldn't be much of anything seems like the intercooler an cat are the biggest restrictions. I would the cat backs are mainly for sound.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
If you dont plan on upgrading the downpipe this 2.25" Magnaflow works just fine with your stock DP. Your not gonna get performance gains with just a cbe.

felopr

like airjor13 said , the diameter compared to the stock one is not much bigger, so you spend alot of money on sound basically
the bottleneck on the whole exhaust is the downpipe, if you want sound you could buy the magnaflow exhaust (the end of it) and replace the stock one and save some money. when u hear all the exhausts, did they all had stock downpipe?

not to jack the thread but does anyone have a clip of the 2j racing catback?

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
With the stock turbo the catback is not gonna make a big diff in power produced even with a aftermarket DP.

me32

1000 Post Club
With the stock turbo the catback is not gonna make a big diff in power produced even with a aftermarket DP.
why is that? It seems from what ive read that doing the down pipe an intercooler with a tune for them have the biggest gain of any mod besides putting a bigger turbo on it.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Without a tune you mean?
no with or without
why is that? It seems from what ive read that doing the down pipe an intercooler with a tune for them have the biggest gain of any mod besides putting a bigger turbo on it.
this is true. What im saying is that the catback size is not gonna affect the power much if any with a DP.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Gotcha re-rx7.
I originally bought 2jr ss cbe with dp but got to install the cbe first and was terribly disappointed with the massive drone i was getting. It was unbearable between 2500-4k rpm whether cruising or wot. Had to get rid of it asap and replace it with something that was cheap and available with a resonator at that time. It was between the fswerks and magnaflow but chose magnaflow because it had the resonator and sounded stealthier. I payed exactly $600 for it. Its sounds great, and construction is top notch. Way better sounding and looking than the 2jr cbe. The only downside to people is the piping size. I was so pissed at the 2jr product that i ended up taking a huge loss and sold the dp and cbe for alot less than what i payed. I dont plan on going stage 3 anytime soon so my magnaflow will have to do for now until i decide on going bigger turbo.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Gotcha re-rx7.
I originally bought 2jr ss cbe with dp but got to install the cbe first and was terribly disappointed with the massive drone i was getting. It was unbearable between 2500-4k rpm whether cruising or wot. Had to get rid of it asap and replace it with something that was cheap and available with a resonator at that time. It was between the fswerks and magnaflow but chose magnaflow because it had the resonator and sounded stealthier. I payed exactly $600 for it. Its sounds great, and construction is top notch. Way better sounding and looking than the 2jr cbe. The only downside to people is the piping size. I was so pissed at the 2jr product that i ended up taking a huge loss and sold the dp and cbe for alot less than what i payed. I dont plan on going stage 3 anytime soon so my magnaflow will have to do for now until i decide on going bigger turbo.
Gotcha. YEa, i chose my setup based entirely on that sound. I do not want drone as it can literally drive you crazy.
Ok thanks for clearing that up
No prob. Im not saying you wont see gains with a larger exhaust. Just the amount is so miniscule at our power levels that you wont be able to discern the difference.

Young L

idk, i heard the magnaflow on the cj pony parts page and thought it was too quite, i think the MBRP has a better sound.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
idk, i heard the magnaflow on the cj pony parts page and thought it was too quite, i think the MBRP has a better sound.
It gets louder as it breaks in. Trust me it can be heard when you step on it.

CanadianST

Was just a little too quiet for my taste but i definitely considered it before going with COBB. Magnaflow makes a nice exhaust, probably going to use their products when i build my Datsun's over the winter

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I took this vid a couple months ago shortly after purchase which was really quiet. Its definitely louder now than before. Ill try to get a new vid for ya OP.
2014 Fiesta ST with 2.25" Magnaflow Catback: http://youtu.be/DQWXp0SurvI

I think my favorite vid clip sound is the UK Cobra Sport. Anyone know if we can get it here in the US? [dunno]

like airjor13 said , the diameter compared to the stock one is not much bigger, so you spend alot of money on sound basically
the bottleneck on the whole exhaust is the downpipe, if you want sound you could buy the magnaflow exhaust (the end of it) and replace the stock one and save some money. when u hear all the exhausts, did they all had stock downpipe?

not to jack the thread but does anyone have a clip of the 2j racing catback?
I run the 2j Catted DP and CBE. It is down right beastly on throttle at 4500+rpm.

http://1drv.ms/1ldXNtH

http://1drv.ms/1ldXUFR