Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

just wondering if anyone has done this

So what im thinking about is.... you guys know about the mid 90s jdm turbo cars right? well what i was thinking is i live in the deep south nd it gets hot down here during the day and i know the best mod for the buck would be an upgraded intercooler. but im thinking of simething you could do even if you upgrade the intercooler...anyways it would be like the water/meth injection on the intake, but instead wat about ice water injection over our intercoolers kinda like the jdm cars with nos. i just guess i was wondering if anyone has tried this idea i want to try it both stock and with the upgrade. i really just want yalls feed back

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Before the FiST, I had a Mini Cooper that was much more into turbo mods.
I set up the windshield washer tank and pump to spray water/alcohol onto the intercooler.
I still have all the parts including nozzles and programmable RPM switch.
I just then decided not to go crazy with the engine mods on the FiST as I did on the Mini.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
thats kinda like water/meth? im talking like spraying cold water on the intercooler
This is just sprayed on the outside of the intercooler.
I did just water but a mixture works better.
Hard to keep the water cold and ice would displace the water so you would have less to spray.
However if you use a mixture of water and alcohol (cheep isopropyl) you would have more volume and the alcohol everaporates quickley to help cool the intercooler faster.
BTW: you could also use water mixed with ammonia.

Back when I was doing paintball, a couple friends of mine were working on a 3000gt. We saw an ad in import tuner similar to this https://designengineering.com/products/cryo2/

We realized we could rig up something for the intercooler using a spare co2 tank I had in my paintball gearbag. Took about a week but we roughly ended up with a manual valve system. We were young, we thought it was the most amazing thing since the creation of sliced [emoji506]. I believe Subaru for the 2004 sti has a reservoir that sprays into the intercooler?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Back when I was doing paintball, a couple friends of mine were working on a 3000gt. We saw an ad in import tuner similar to this https://designengineering.com/products/cryo2/

We realized we could rig up something for the intercooler using a spare co2 tank I had in my paintball gearbag. Took about a week but we roughly ended up with a manual valve system. We were young, we thought it was the most amazing thing since the creation of sliced [emoji506]. I believe Subaru for the 2004 sti has a reservoir that sprays into the intercooler?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
I just saw a Fiesta owner install some sprayers for his FMIC that feed from the washer reservoir
pretty slick!