Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

K&N cold air intake model 63-2587 on 2018 fiesta st

Does anyone have this intake installed on their 2018+ fiesta? I got the part number from k&n tech support but I’ve since read a comment saying that they don’t work due to a added sensor on the 2016+ models. Any know if that is correct?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running a Mountune Airbox that came with a K&N filter on my 2019 Fiesta and it works perfectly. So I suspect that person who told you they won't work is misinformed.

Brianmc27

It won’t work. The 2016+ has a different fitment coming off of the intake tube. The KandN is designed for the older style.

Yeah not all of the intake manufacturers updated theirs for 16+. I would go with a brand that has the 16+ fittings, or Woosh sells a "fix" for putting older intake on 16+. I have never tried it, but maybe some other forum members have.
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...ta-st-evap-purge-p144c-check-engine-light-fix

OR i just saw they also sell the 14-15 evap line, so you could buy it and use the K&N or other 14-15 air intake as well.
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...-to-convert-2016-fiesta-st-to-2014-2015-specs

OP
Mylerx
Thread Starter #5
Damn I had a feeling it wasn’t going to work even after k&n told me it would.

Are there any intakes for the 2018 that don’t require anything extra to work??

Brianmc27

ST200/Mountune Airbox, Mountune 2016+ Intake Tube, Whoosh crossover. That’s probably your easiest route. Although, it’s over $450 all said and done.

Brianmc27

I would just go with a ST200 airbox high-flow filter and call it a day.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Same here, there’s always the flexibility to add those additional parts later if you feel the need. Makes the price points seem more reasonable.

OP
Mylerx
Thread Starter #9
I’ve decided to keep the intake because it’s a bit of a pain to return it so my options are the evap purge hose kit of the OEM evap harness. Which one is better? There’s about a 100 bucks in the difference.

Thanks

OP
Mylerx
Thread Starter #10
Decided on the 2014-2015 evap harness after! Hopefully it’ll be ok!