Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Kia Forte GT 2020 2,672 LBs.

Has the Veloster and Elantra's Turbo but with the curb weight of 2,761LBs. LIKE GOD DAM!!!! That's like a FiST!!!!! Now imagine if they would just put the Veloster N's 2.0L into it...... :eek: It'll eat up the N's sale in the states and be a contender in Euro's tough budget pocket rockets cars.

Business6

I'd have to sit in it, of course, but that interior is no more an issue than the fist's.

I'm thinking the car is actually bigger than it looks, too, which might put me off. The FiST is the largest car I've had in the last 10 years, lol, and it's only 4" longer than the Miata. New compact car models are huge and even a mazda3 sedan is a full two feet longer than the fiesta. Doesn't sound like much but it felt like I was driving an SUV when I got behind the wheel of one.

Ahh, 183" length for the Forte GT. At least it's 400lbs (!!!!) lighter than the current mazda3.

Edit the Forte GT manual is listed as 2989lbs. The more I read about it the more that 2600lbs claim seemed BS. Sure enough

Last edited:

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
It really sounds like a rebadged 2015 focus sedan with a 1.6 ecoboost. Couldnt tell you why but it just screams focus to me.
Overall nose evokes the Fusion to me. The sides have the feel of Camry and Civic. The rest looks that same as every other car out there.

meh... I really like the fiesta interior because it doesn't try to be something it's not. when I look at the screen in the kia it just looked like somebody glued an off-brand lcd tv from walmart in there.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
meh... I really like the fiesta interior because it doesn't try to be something it's not. when I look at the screen in the kia it just looked like somebody glued an off-brand lcd tv from walmart in there.
But too many are doing the "glued-on" lcd screen. Cheaper to add that than to design it into the dash, right?

joesiris

enh...on paper its nice. but itll just get lost in the crowd. some performance cars really stand out, but this just isn't as sporty looking as it could be. I wonder why they didn't make it a hatchback, I guess that's what the CEED is. the stinger makes you stop for a second look, but if I didn't see the kia badge youd just think it was another camry or elantra sedan. don't get me wrong it looks nice, and I even kinda like the interior (minus that "glued on lcd" as flbchbm put it) its just not enough to be the next car after the FiST.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
enh...on paper its nice. but itll just get lost in the crowd. some performance cars really stand out, but this just isn't as sporty looking as it could be. I wonder why they didn't make it a hatchback, I guess that's what the CEED is. the stinger makes you stop for a second look, but if I didn't see the kia badge youd just think it was another camry or elantra sedan. don't get me wrong it looks nice, and I even kinda like the interior (minus that "glued on lcd" as flbchbm put it) its just not enough to be the next car after the FiST.
User THEBLUE called it glued-on and yeah, they all look like a bad afterthought. While ours isn't much better, trying to fit larger screens can be an issue. That is why I like what Honda did w/the E. They put small screens across the whole dash. Each one had a function and content could be moved across the screens. The far left and right were the side view mirrors.
View: https://youtu.be/FR3VJ35zkcY?t=46

joesiris

ok so looking at the thumbnail for that video you kinda start off with what the heck is that thing. half way through the video your like hmmm, interesting. and at the end I really kinda like it. those wheels tho...yuck. but that's off topic, I agree I like that screen setup. I even like that better than that giant 10 inch monstrosity they slapped into the new explorers. the 2016 civic SI had a nice setup as well. the way the infotainment portion was slightly tilted towards the driver and all the digital gauges up top.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Yeah, not aesthetically pleasing, but damn sure functional! Regardless of vehicle, I wouldn't mind ONE larger screen in the middle and keeping the others 'normal' size for climate and sensors stuff. There was another article I found where they put in a curved 32 or 38" wide screen in some care. Lincoln, maybe? Here's something interesting
View: https://youtu.be/_xGnh_MpA24

(another video shows you can feed the fish on the Honda-E's screens...so Japanese)

Business6

I'd love to see someone release a car without a damn screen it in it again. Modern vehicle interiors are completely swallowed up by gigantic screens or ones that look like they were stuck on at the last minute. If they could at least recess into the dash or fold down flush when you want that would be a wonderful compromise

I'd love to see someone release a car without a damn screen it in it again. Modern vehicle interiors are completely swallowed up by gigantic screens or ones that look like they were stuck on at the last minute. If they could at least recess into the dash or fold down flush when you want that would be a wonderful compromise
mazda is very anti-screen and trying to get away from them as distractions. not sure they will win this one with consumers.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
mazda is very anti-screen and trying to get away from them as distractions. not sure they will win this one with consumers.
We should at least have the OPTION to not have one, if desired, but these companies ONLY listen to what every single 'has to be like EVERYONE else' Joe Shmoe 'populist' wants. [mad] (Yeah, I know-cannot blame them, 'profits'/etc.)

WHY we cannot buy a car from a domestic manufacturer anymore, and everyone just assumes that of course you have the latest/greatest iPhone 50 for $3K+ [:(]

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
They have to have some type of screen for the reverse camera.
I have no problems with screens I just hate the ones that look like they're glued to the dash.
The car reviewer Savagegeese criticizes this decision often. He normally gives praise to manufacturers that integrate the screen into the dash and not a glued-on afterthought.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Ford Community Posts