Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Knock count.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Is there any amount of "ok" knock? Finally got my ap to show 6 monitors and knock is one of them. On my 65 mile drive home from work I noticed a 5 knock by the time i got home. That bad?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Ya 5 is pretty high. What tune are you running? What is your OAR (octane adjustment ratio)?

Which specific knock monitor had a reading of 5? Knock Detected or knock from a single cylinder?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Ots cobb stg2 91 oct. Cylinder 1. Its got me worried.

codestp202

That's quite a bit of negative correction. Could be bad gas. Best thing you can do is do a 3rd gear pull, log all the pertinent info, and post the log here for us to look at.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Iv never done a log lol.

codestp202

Iv never done a log lol.

Configure your accessport logging and set these things to be logged (Getting this from statified). Take the car up to 2500 RPM in 3rd gear, hit the center button to start a log, wait about 3-5 seconds for the logging to start, go WOT until redline, let off the gas then hit the middle button again. Plug the accessport in and upload the excel so we can look at it.

Fiesta ST Stock Turbo Logging Parameters:
Accel Pedal Position
Actual AFR
Airflow Mass
Boost Pressure
Charge Air Temp.
Coolant Temp.
ETC Angle Actual
Engine RPM
FRP Actual
Ign Corr. Cyl1
Ign Corr. Cyl2
Ign Corr. Cyl3
Ign Corr. Cyl4
Ign Timing Cyl3
Load Actual
Lowside FP Actual
LTFT
Oct Adj Ratio Lrn
Knock Count cyl 1
Knock Count cyl 2
Knock Count cyl 3
Knock Count cyl 4
STFT
TIP Actual Absolute
Turbo MFRACT Desired
Turbo PID WGDC Base
Turbo PID WGDC Base X
VCT Intake Angle Actual
VCT Exhaust Angle Actual
WGDC Actual

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Ty. I probably won't be able to do it till the weekend. I work alot of hrs. Should I revert to stg1 or stock till then or just drive nice?

codestp202

I would stay out of boost until you figure out what is going on. Perhaps go back to stock tune, do a couple pulls and see if you are getting this knock / negative corrections. I think then you can chalk it up to being bad fuel?
I've never had my Octane learn ratio move from -1 once I got it there. I know the general consensus is you can add 1 gallon of e85 to a full tank and that could potentially solve your bad gas issues.

I know with my DHM custom tune even with 11 revisions I still got some negative corrections going to -1 or -2 and some knock 1 or 2 knocks for 1 or 2 cylinders in a 3rd gear pull.
I'm now on the base tune of stratified's e85 tune, and even on the first revision of the tune, I have NO negative corrections, and NO knock. E85 is magic, and 91 octane in California is absolute garbage.

codestp202

I bounce off the limiter at the track on occasion and it doesn't knock / throw that bad of negative corrections

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Well OAR of -1 so I don't think it's bad gas...

I'd pull my plugs and read them. You don't really need to flash back to stock, but I definitely would not do a 3rd gear datalog. Just take it easy until you figure out what your car doesn't like.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Absolutely no.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
I just installed the denso 22ns in

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I just installed the denso 22ns in

Sent from my SM-G930P
This started right after you installed ITV22s? If so, try going back to the stock plugs.

Edit- If you weren't aware those plugs are two steps colder. Def wouldn't recommend running those at stock turbo boost levels.

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Even though it is a bit high people are forgetting that this is with a long drive. The car is going to knock while cruising and best thing to do is do a 3rd gear pull and go off that.

me32

1000 Post Club
I would stay out of boost until you figure out what is going on. Perhaps go back to stock tune, do a couple pulls and see if you are getting this knock / negative corrections. I think then you can chalk it up to being bad fuel?
I've never had my Octane learn ratio move from -1 once I got it there. I know the general consensus is you can add 1 gallon of e85 to a full tank and that could potentially solve your bad gas issues.

I know with my DHM custom tune even with 11 revisions I still got some negative corrections going to -1 or -2 and some knock 1 or 2 knocks for 1 or 2 cylinders in a 3rd gear pull.
I'm now on the base tune of stratified's e85 tune, and even on the first revision of the tune, I have NO negative corrections, and NO knock. E85 is magic, and 91 octane in California is absolute garbage.
Not sure where you get your 91 octane at. But I've never had an issues with ca 91 at chevron. Id recommend you find a new gas station

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
I thought they were 1 step colder! Go figure. Ill switch back to stock this weekend. This gas is mobile. Economy tune it is till the weekend.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
Oh and idk if it did start after the plugs. I just started to monitor knock. I drive 130 miles a day. Had these plugs on for about a month

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I thought they were 1 step colder! Go figure. Ill switch back to stock this weekend. This gas is mobile. Economy tune it is till the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930P
[facepalm] Went to check on plugs that I have laying around to be sure, because I run two steps colder. ITV24s are colder. Got mixed up, so ignore that. So sorry about that, man. I still suggest trying out the stock plugs, and check the gap on the ITV22s.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
They were all gapped to 28