Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Konig Lockout 16x7.5 et40 on h&r supersports...

As the title suggests, im looking at Konig lockouts in the 16x7.5 et40 size....and am currently on h&r supersports.

Does anyone have experience with this particular setup in terms of rim widths/offset and ride height?

I plan on running a 215/40/16 on the rims.

Attachments

I was considering these same wheels myself. I am currently on mountune lowering springs. I think i'm going to pull the trigger and pick them op. by the way I think you can find them cheaper on other websites. I'm still looking for the best price. Lemme know if you get them. I'd love to see them on another Fiesta

Bumping from the dead as I'm about to pull the trigger on the same wheels with the same lowering springs. Wondering on pics/tire fitment etc.

OP
subzerospeed
Thread Starter #4
Bumping from the dead as I'm about to pull the trigger on the same wheels with the same lowering springs. Wondering on pics/tire fitment etc.
i ended up going with the enkei rpf1's, 16x7 with 205/45/16 tires.

i ended up going with the enkei rpf1's, 16x7 with 205/45/16 tires.
I've looked at those but I want a more flush fitment this go around. I'm currently on OZ Superturismo GT 17x7 +48 on a 205/40/17

Think I might just go for the Lockouts on the same size tire as you. How are you liking your setup? What tire did you go with. I'm on Indy 500's right now and thinking about trying the Continental ExtremeContact Sports this time around.

OP
subzerospeed
Thread Starter #6
I've looked at those but I want a more flush fitment this go around. I'm currently on OZ Superturismo GT 17x7 +48 on a 205/40/17

Think I might just go for the Lockouts on the same size tire as you. How are you liking your setup? What tire did you go with. I'm on Indy 500's right now and thinking about trying the Continental ExtremeContact Sports this time around.
i dont know if i would be able to get away with any more offset/tire width WITHOUT rubbing at full lock or under compression on a corner, but i drive wild (that's why we bought a ST though right??? lol) that being said, i love the setup man! so happy i chose to go 16's, around 8.2lbs lighter per corner and the extra sidewall in 45 series is a nice buffer when hitting bumps. its super clean, and pretty flush IMO. i went with BF sport comp 2's because they were 90$ a tire, so i couldn't help myself. the one caveat to those tires IMO is they are a little louder than preferred, but i can live with it. i wanted an above-300 treadwear and these fit the bill at the time. the extreme contacts are a great series of tire, ive never tried the sport version, only the DWS and those rocked for what they were. i highly recommend 16 if your interested, 17's are too harsh IMG_1499 (1).JPG

green_henry

1000 Post Club

The Contis are great summer tires. Being > 300 tw, they were a little lacking at the track, but that's to be expected. If I could afford two sets of wheels, I'd still have a set of Contis for DD duty

Also if you're still on the Super Sports, I just swapped my OEM's for Koni Yellows. Really smoothed out the ride as my shocks were probably toast after 42k miles on these springs lol
The Contis are great summer tires. Being > 300 tw, they were a little lacking at the track, but that's to be expected. If I could afford two sets of wheels, I'd still have a set of Contis for DD duty
Yeah this is my daily driver that I throw around some corners here and there so >300 treadwear is where I need to be. The Indy 500s have been great in that category for me.

i dont know if i would be able to get away with any more offset/tire width WITHOUT rubbing at full lock or under compression on a corner, but i drive wild (that's why we bought a ST though right??? lol) that being said, i love the setup man! so happy i chose to go 16's, around 8.2lbs lighter per corner and the extra sidewall in 45 series is a nice buffer when hitting bumps. its super clean, and pretty flush IMO. i went with BF sport comp 2's because they were 90$ a tire, so i couldn't help myself. the one caveat to those tires IMO is they are a little louder than preferred, but i can live with it. i wanted an above-300 treadwear and these fit the bill at the time. the extreme contacts are a great series of tire, ive never tried the sport version, only the DWS and those rocked for what they were. i highly recommend 16 if your interested, 17's are too harsh View attachment 40568
That looks great! I think I'll be fine with the Lockouts though. They're only an extra 14mm of poke (vs stock). Good to see this though for future reference. Maybe one of these days I'll snag a set.

@Typical Tom , Did you go with the Konig Lockouts? I'm wondering if they have any rubbing issues on fenders/fender liner at full compression or when turning since they stick out 14mm further. I tow a small trailer occasionally, and I've never bottomed out, but I do use a lot of the rear suspension travel. Thanks.