Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Kw V3 or Fortune coilover

Please help me make a choice! Been debating for the past week on which coilovers setups to go with! I’m open to hearing feed back on both. My car is my daily but it will be tracked/ auto crossed when time allows. I’m also open to other options within the same quality! Looking to purchase ASAP!!!!!’nn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

side question, but who makes the cheapest true 2 way adjustable coilover? KW V3 kind of owns this from what I've seen.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The coating on the springs with my ST's failed with no exposure to actively salted roads, causing corrosion and failure on 2 of the 4 springs after ~ 2.5 years. ST denied a warranty claim and confirmed that they use the same springs on the KWs. I'm on YCWs now with Swift springs and am very happy on a track day FiST. I cleaned the STs and stuck Swift springs on them for my son's FiST.

OP
M
Thread Starter #6
Fortune Auto is currently in development of their 510 series for the Fiesta. If you're willing to wait, that'll be a great option.
Yea looks like I will just have to wait [emoji53] I was leaning towards fortune.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
side question, but who makes the cheapest true 2 way adjustable coilover? KW V3 kind of owns this from what I've seen.
IF you don't mind the mandatory progressive rate springs, yes, KW V3s are the ONLY true, independently adjustable compression and rebound coil overs out there which can even remotely be called 'affordable'.

Supposedly, Panda Motorworks (IF you trust them at all) is working on a Silver/Neomax based coil over setup which will be 2, or 3 way, independently adjustable, and have a remote (or attached) reservoir.

antarctica24

I bit the bullet and purchased a set of the KW Variant 3's. My first impressions are impressive. From a build quality standpoint, there are one of the most impressive looking shocks and coilover sets I have ever seen. Now for the bad news. For 1800.00 you would have thought the set would have come with the shock mount and strut mount but they don't. They want you to use the ones off the factory setup.

Moving past that oversight, I'm still ok with that. I am a huge fan of the progressive spring when it comes to a combined race/ride feel. I hate linear springs. If feeling the bumps in the road is your deal, I am happy for you and hope you enjoy that.

I will post again once they are installed which I will be doing in the next couple of days.

I am replacing my BC Racing Coilovers with the KW's.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I bit the bullet and purchased a set of the KW Variant 3's. My first impressions are impressive. From a build quality standpoint, there are one of the most impressive looking shocks and coilover sets I have ever seen. Now for the bad news. For 1800.00 you would have thought the set would have come with the shock mount and strut mount but they don't. They want you to use the ones off the factory setup.

Moving past that oversight, I'm still ok with that. I am a huge fan of the progressive spring when it comes to a combined race/ride feel. I hate linear springs. If feeling the bumps in the road is your deal, I am happy for you and hope you enjoy that.

I will post again once they are installed which I will be doing in the next couple of days.

I am replacing my BC Racing Coilovers with the KW's.
While I respect your love of progressive rate springs, the fact that one cannot use a linear replacement spring (like a Swift) on the V3s (due to their valving curves, set to the progressive rates boingers, according to their techs) is the main reason they are not on my car as we speak. [:(]

antarctica24

While I respect your love of progressive rate springs, the fact that one cannot use a linear replacement spring (like a Swift) on the V3s (due to their valving curves, set to the progressive rates boingers, according to their techs) is the main reason they are not on my car as we speak. [:(]
Isnt the claim to fame of the swift and hyperco, just that it maintains its spring rate more than a non swift spring. That's really it. It will eventually fail, sprint rate wise, as nothing last forever. The research says that KW really has done their research regarding racing and riding. Theres a reason they chose to use progressive springs. I literally had purchased the Fortune Auto 500 setup and then cancelled it and went the kw route. Not trying to sell you, just offering a thought.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I was NOT faulting KW's spring choice quality/longevity, but just that they use a progressive rate instead of a linear rate.

I did not imply that I could not replace the KW V3 springs with linear rate springs once they 'wear out', or 'fail', but that I could NOT do so when they are BRAND NEW, in order to have linear rate springs on their great coil over dampers.

(Because those dampers are valved specifically and exclusively for those progressive rate springs and NO OTHERS, according to the KW 'techs'. [wink] )

If I had to make a assumption I would say the 510 series will be done with all of the R&D in May to June at the latest, they imo will be by far the best bang for the buck in regards to a dedicated track setup coilover. The 500’s are much more of a DD/weekend warrior and occasional track day coilover. Imo I’m not a huge fan of progressive springs as they don’t give the same feedback on track and can be difficult to tell what the spring is going to do untill fully loaded.

CSM

1000 Post Club
If I had to make a assumption I would say the 510 series will be done with all of the R&D in May to June at the latest, they imo will be by far the best bang for the buck in regards to a dedicated track setup coilover. The 500’s are much more of a DD/weekend warrior and occasional track day coilover. Imo I’m not a huge fan of progressive springs as they don’t give the same feedback on track and can be difficult to tell what the spring is going to do untill fully loaded.
Any update on the 510?

Getting back into competition and the Bilsteins are great for most situations but wanting something a bit more track/comp focused since I have two cars now. Considering the Fortunes or KW

Any update on the 510?

Getting back into competition and the Bilsteins are great for most situations but wanting something a bit more track/comp focused since I have two cars now. Considering the Fortunes or KW

Any update on the 510?

6318C830-47CF-403C-A72C-8F9DCA2B05F7.jpeg With the help of their suspension engineers,and the data I was able to gather on track trying a few spring rates, adjusting dampers and tire psi’s we found the best possible setup to provide unbelievable lap times and consistent G’s as well. All data will be posted by FA very shortly and will be released within the month!

View attachment 30592 With the help of their suspension engineers,and the data I was able to gather on track trying a few spring rates, adjusting dampers and tire psi’s we found the best possible setup to provide unbelievable lap times and consistent G’s as well. All data will be posted by FA very shortly and will be released within the month!
How are the FA 510’s holding up?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
When I spoke to a Fortune Auto tech a few days ago, he informed me that they probably will not ever offer a remote reservoir, fully independent 2 way (let alone 3 way) 'conversion' kit setup for their 500s, like they will (eventually) for the 510s.

Also, their is no alloy damper body option for the 500s like there is for the 510s.