Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Leak on left side of boot

GEDMALL

Hi I’ve just bought this 1.0 eco boost and find I have a leak on the left side of the boot and it runs into the wheel well, only happens when it rains or when I wash it, does anyone have any idea what causes this

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is this a Mk7/7.5 Fiesta, or a newer Mk8??

First action would be to look and see if there is any water staining on the rearward most section of the headliner (does the car have a back of roof mounted antenna, or the usual Euro FRONT of roof mounted one??).

If dry and clean (or even if not), next, remove the tail light assembly and re-tape those most likely frayed and peeling factory tape swatches covering the openings in the unibody structure.

If still leaking after that, check the rubberized seam sealer material near the top of the hatch on the unibody side (outboard of the hinges) for pits, pores, or deterioration, and reseal, or heavy waterproof tape over them.

STILL water getting in?? Check the lower rearmost hatch area corners for too sparse or deteriorating seam sealer material and re-seal.

OP
G

GEDMALL

Thread Starter #3
Is this a Mk7/7.5 Fiesta, or a newer Mk8??

First action would be to look and see if there is any water staining on the rearward most section of the headliner (does the car have a back of roof mounted antenna, or the usual Euro FRONT of roof mounted one??).

If dry and clean (or even if not), next, remove the tail light assembly and re-tape those most likely frayed and peeling factory tape swatches covering the openings in the unibody structure.

If still leaking after that, check the rubberized seam sealer material near the top of the hatch on the unibody side (outboard of the hinges) for pits, pores, or deterioration, and reseal, or heavy waterproof tape over them.

STILL water getting in?? Check the lower rearmost hatch area corners for too sparse or deteriorating seam sealer material and re-seal.
Okay mate thanks for the info got to take it back to to the place i bought it from tomorrow, but it's good to know a bit about the prob before hand