Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

LED Hyperflash HELP!

Hi guys,

I have a 2015 ST3 (UK model)

Ive fitted LED on every bulb possible. , every bulb works find but my indicators..

My indicators have hyperflash on them, I dont want to have to cut into my loom to fit a resistor. Has anyone used an LED Flasher unit?

How have people fixed this issue?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
It states that you can change the flasher unit? Do you know where that is located? That seems like an easier fix .
Unfortunately from my knowledge our cars do not have a flasher unit. It is all controlled by the ecu/headunit. You need the resistors. Now you should only need 4, one on each corner. Should not require on for the side flasher/

OP
G
Thread Starter #5
Thank you so much for your input!

They're meant to be canbus free.. thought they wouldn't hyper flash.

Ive pulled them all out and left the LED mirror indicators in, everything has gone back to normal now.

Are the resisters relatively easy to fit? I know where the loom is for the rear lights, couldn't find the loom for the front.

Has anyone actually done this and fitted LED bulbs all round?

Reviving this as I have hyperflash issues after front blinkers swapped to led. When I installed the xenon depot resistor to the left unit, I did a test and it worked a charm! Did the same install to the right but the hyperflash remained. Here’s the weird thing, after shutting down the car and restarting, the left unit also went back to hyperflash. Wtf

Also notice their weird stuff like the blinkers won’t always blink immediately upon activation on startup, but will after the car has been on for a bit...

Double checked the splice junctions and all looks solid. Any thoughts? I actually don’t mind the hyperflash too much, but am just puzzled by what’s happening (or rather not happening)

Corrected the hyperflashing. On the left side, one of the wires from the resistor actually slipped out of the chintzy, supplied splice connector. On the right side, I should have looked more carefully at the wiring setup. I assumed (duh) that the same color wire would correspond to the blinker hot, but actually my harness has a brown/yellow hot to the right blinker (vs the blue/green) on the left side. To add to the headache, an attempt to expose more wire from the housing for the splicer resulted in the wire actually breaking. Had to solder it back together and then splice closer down the harness. Sigh...well, now blinks normal speed.

The thing I haven't figured out is: when the headlights are ON, I cannot get either blinker to actually blink. They do a very subtle pulse brighter than the background running brightness, but no on/off. The blinkers will actually blink as intended when the headlights are OFF. At least I get the mirrors to blink, otherwise I'd have no fwd-facing blinkers at night... :(

Intuit

3000 Post Club
When the headlights are on, the running/marker lights are on. With dual-filament bulbs, there is usually a marked difference in brightness between the two filaments. It sounds like your LEDs aren't generating enough of a difference between running/marker and flash. Look for "switchback" LEDs on https://amazon.com/ .

note: white LEDs will sort of "overpower" the yellow filter - so it is best to get yellow LEDs