Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

LED ST badge

Anyone know of anybody that makes an LED ST badge? I was following a guy on Instagram that had one on his Focus ST and I’ve searched with no luck of finding him or where he got it. :/

I got the light but I'm having trouble finding a turn on 12v source. I tried tapping into the engine fuses but they are always on. I then researched the turn on source for amps but the write up I found uses the brown/yellow wire under the dash but that wire turns on with the ignition but it doesn't stay on because it's the wire for the light sensor for the auto headlights. Does anyone know where I can tap into a 12v source that stays on when I start the car but is off once I shut it down.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Why not use a T-tap and find the Power wire for the headlights so when you turn them on or have them on Auto it will just come on when they do! Having it Run all the time seems problematic to me over the course of time.

Yeah I don't want it to be running all the time I want the LED emblem to turn on/off with the ignition. My guess is the best source for that would be the actual stereo turn on. I'll look it up and I don't have running lights because I have a base FiST.

Yeah I don't want it to be running all the time I want the LED emblem to turn on/off with the ignition. My guess is the best source for that would be the actual stereo turn on. I'll look it up and I don't have running lights because I have a base FiST.
Personally I'd look into one of the amber parking lights, you won't be able to see it in bright daylight and it's close to the grille

I bought it and I didn't take too many pictures but I will say that you have to remove the bumper and the grill so you can easily work with the Dremel during the cutout process. I just followed the instructions on their website the only thing is where to draw power from. I put a 5amp in line fuse and for the power from the wire in the drivers side footwell. I did use the brown/yellow wire but I made the initial mistake of just going with the first one I saw(bottom set of taped together wires). There are actually two brown/yellow wires, the right brown/yellow wire that is always on with the ignition is the top set of taped together wires. So my problem is solved. If anyone needs help go ahead and message me I will be glad to help.

Last edited:
You have to cut out the plastic so it's a forever mod but you may be able to put something over the cutout and put the stock emblem back. I will be installing a big mouth in the near future so I can take pictures of the LED emblem installed and I'll write up the DIY as well.

Attachments

Last edited: