Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Left turn signal (aka blinker) auto cancel intermittent

TL;DR - Left turn signal auto cancel only works 25% of the time.

For the last several thousand miles my 2014 (now at nearly 10K and out of warranty based on time alone), has had an intermittent left turn signal auto cancel. This occurs after pushing the turn signal lever all the way down for a left hand turn and it does not auto cancel after straightening the wheel after the turn.

And this goes in phases, where it works for a few months just fine but lately it has only been 25% reliable in canceling the turn signal after a left turn. Right turns have always been 100% reliable, only the left signal has this issue. The sharpness of the left turn does not seem to matter.

Just posting up to see if anyone else has experienced this problem. It looks like I can replace the part but hate to spend the money if someone has successfully repaired the switch. Maybe some blinker lube fluid is needed? LOL. [biggrin]

But seriously, this is really annoying having to constantly check the signal light after a left turn or look like dingbat blinking down the road...

OP
T
Thread Starter #2
So lately, and this goes in phases, the left turn signal has been almost 100% reliable. You can tell when it is going to cancel if during your left turn you hear a click. If I don't hear that click, then it won't cancel. Otherwise, still loving the performance, intake sound and handling of this car. :--)

Car still under warranty by chance? I would make it ford's problem first before taking on the job of replacing the switch.

OP
T
Thread Starter #4
Nope, not in warranty as I mentioned in the first post, otherwise agreed, I would bring it in.