Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lil BadAss, The Beginning

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
I finally took delivery of my black on black 2019 Fiesta ST w/7000 miles. It was already slightly modded, with the addition of a red hood stripe, ST brush aluminum dead petal and ST splash screen enabled. The thing I'm on the fence about are the after market wheels and tires. The wheels are OZ Racing 15 inch 12 spoke that look brand brand new, not a mark on them. The tires are 205/55R15 W rated Vredestein Sprinter+, I looked them up, they are a high end European tire. $178 a pop. Not happy about not having the original 17" wheels but it is used after all. Lil Badass handles and rides fine. So they are staying for now. I will hunt up a set of 17" some day.
Pictures will be forthcoming as soon as my new camera gets here.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I finally took delivery of my black on black 2019 Fiesta ST w/7000 miles. It was already slightly modded, with the addition of a red hood stripe, ST brush aluminum dead petal and ST splash screen enabled. The thing I'm on the fence about are the after market wheels and tires. The wheels are OZ Racing 15 inch 12 spoke that look brand brand new, not a mark on them. The tires are 205/55R15 W rated Vredestein Sprinter+, I looked them up, they are a high end European tire. $178 a pop. Not happy about not having the original 17" wheels but it is used after all. Lil Badass handles and rides fine. So they are staying for now. I will hunt up a set of 17" some day.
Pictures will be forthcoming as soon as my new camera gets here.
Don't worry. There are plenty of OEM wheels up for sale throughout the year. The problem is many do not want to ship and they may not be in your area no. Imho, the 17s are just too heavy. If you're going to buy something, buy some 16s.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

OP
Old Mike Emerson

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #4
Don't worry. There are plenty of OEM wheels up for sale throughout the year. The problem is many do not want to ship and they may not be in your area no. Imho, the 17s are just too heavy. If you're going to buy something, buy some 16s.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
Well the 15's seem to work fine, so they will stay for now, I did consider the weight difference. so all is well.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I would think about hanging onto those wheels (one the THE lightest available in our bolt pattern/offset/center bore/etc.), and maybe just putting some much higher performance tires on them when those wear out. [wink]

I DO get that many on here LOVE the looks of the factory boat anchors, even if I personally cannot stand them, and could not wait to swap them off of my new car.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
That's a beauty. Welcome!

I have OEM wheels with almost new Pirelli PZeros on them that just sit in my basement and collect dust.. I'll let you know next time I'm in the CLE area for work which happens about 6x a year. They're pretty scratched up though. I curbed em a few times knowing I'd be getting aftermarket wheels lol. Definitely don't get rid of those OZs either, they'll make great track day wheels if you elect to track the car.

Do you like the racing stripe? Also, Iā€™m looking for those wheels and currently have the stocks in factory black, wonder where you are located?

OP
Old Mike Emerson

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #10
Do you like the racing stripe? Also, Iā€™m looking for those wheels and currently have the stocks in factory black, wonder where you are located?
I'm in Green, Ohio 15 miles south of Akron, I like them too LOL I like the stripe previous owner did it. It's what caught my eye at first, then the mileage at only 7k.

OP
Old Mike Emerson

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #11
That's a beauty. Welcome!

I have OEM wheels with almost new Pirelli PZeros on them that just sit in my basement and collect dust.. I'll let you know next time I'm in the CLE area for work which happens about 6x a year. They're pretty scratched up though. I curbed em a few times knowing I'd be getting aftermarket wheels lol. Definitely don't get rid of those OZs either, they'll make great track day wheels if you elect to track the car.
I would like a set of stockers just to have them. Every thing I replace is getting saved, just in case I want to go back to stock one day.

OP
Old Mike Emerson

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #14
Found info on my wheel and tire package.
15x7 O.Z. Ultraleggera = 12lbs
205/50-15 tires = 20lbs
32lbs per corner
Gives 1 extra inch sidewall for ride comfort.

Stock 17x7 wheel = 22.5
205/40-17 tires = 20
42.5lbs per corner

O.Z. package saves 42lbs vas stock.

Mikey456

Found info on my wheel and tire package.
15x7 O.Z. Ultraleggera = 12lbs
205/50-15 tires = 20lbs
32lbs per corner
Gives 1 extra inch sidewall for ride comfort.

Stock 17x7 wheel = 22.5
205/40-17 tires = 20
42.5lbs per corner

O.Z. package saves 42lbs vas stock.
There is the aesthetic part of that too. If you like the look: great [emoji106] I love how my stockers look with low profile tires IMO IMG_5919.jpg

2017 Ford Fiesta ST, Shadow Black, Recaro seats, Mountune RMM, Swift springs, 5mm rear spacers, Falken 615+ tires

OP
Old Mike Emerson

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #16
There is the aesthetic part of that too. If you like the look: great [emoji106] I love how my stockers look with low profile tires IMO View attachment 42361

2017 Ford Fiesta ST, Shadow Black, Recaro seats, Mountune RMM, Swift springs, 5mm rear spacers, Falken 615+ tires
It's all about personal preference, yours look great.