Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Little insight for a possible bad input shaft with 2 weeks left bumper to bumper warranty

Hello gentleman and ladies of the Fiesta ST forum, this is my first post on here so I would like to welcome myself to the community. This is my second fist (2015 for 12k miles since new/ this vehicle 2016 fist w 30k miles).

Let my gf drive manual for the first time this evening.

some real chattery, hard takeoffs (low speed but rough).

no noise in gear coasting (under 20mph, engaged)

in natural and off clutch when coasting I have a rotational sounding ticking/tinkering (very faint but audible/rotational noise)

coming from something transmission relative, I believe it to be a possible input shaft due to audibility when in neutral and coasting under 20mph.

any ideas/ recommendations when I take it in? warranty bumper to bumper has a couple weeks left.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hello gentleman and ladies of the Fiesta ST forum, this is my first post on here so I would like to welcome myself to the community. This is my second fist (2015 for 12k miles since new/ this vehicle 2016 fist w 30k miles).

Let my gf drive manual for the first time this evening.

some real chattery, hard takeoffs (low speed but rough).

no noise in gear coasting (under 20mph, engaged)

in natural and off clutch when coasting I have a rotational sounding ticking/tinkering (very faint but audible/rotational noise)

coming from something transmission relative, I believe it to be a possible input shaft due to audibility when in neutral and coasting under 20mph.

any ideas/ recommendations when I take it in? warranty bumper to bumper has a couple weeks left.
Take it in Yesterday....go for a Ride with a Tech to show them what you hear....go from there. Good luck....keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Z
Thread Starter #4
Wait so the car is under bumper to bumper for a couple more weeks.....and you're asking the internet for help? Come on
Yea man, you know how dealers are, they give you the run around. at this point I went in and its a hey we can't see the car until next week were real busy this week.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yea man, you know how dealers are, they give you the run around. at this point I went in and its a hey we can't see the car until next week were real busy this week.
At least its documented at that mileage with the complaint to fall back on if they cant get you in. There are plenty of other ferd dealers also! Good luck!