Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Long time Honda Owner, bought my first Ford

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've never owned a Honda car, but I've owned several Honda motorcycles, and I can say they were really good. Google my name. Coolest bike I ever had, and I've had some great bikes. Mine was street legal in California. Still is.

HAHA, but to be honest I feel like the Fiesta ST embodies the fun to drive found in the early to mid 90's Hondas
I feel exactly the same way, coming from a 91 CRX Si and a 93 Civic Si. I thought I was going to hold out for the new type R but when it took forever and was ruined by limited release/dealer markup raping, I went with the Fiesta. Now we have most of the cool things like sporty look and functional hatch of a civic, but almost twice the horsepower and torque than those older cars.

I came from a Honda as well, had a '13 civic Si. Very fun car! The fiesta has more torque with lighter weight, and takes turns a lot tighter than the civic could. Plus now I have the keyless entry and start and Apple CarPlay which is awesome. Also heated Recaro seats are a nice touch!

I too came from the honda game lol. I had a 99 coupe with a y8 nothing special other than wheels and some low. Sold that and bought an Ek hatch with a b18c1, turned the car into a complete CTR clone. Then bought an Ek sedan. Dropped a b16b CTR engine in it and fully tucked and shaved the engine bay, brake lines and all. The car was pretty much rebuilt from the ground up. Every single bolt on the car was replaced. If i can find some pics i'll post them.

I feel exactly the same way, coming from a 91 CRX Si and a 93 Civic Si. I thought I was going to hold out for the new type R but when it took forever and was ruined by limited release/dealer markup raping, I went with the Fiesta. Now we have most of the cool things like sporty look and functional hatch of a civic, but almost twice the horsepower and torque than those older cars.
I am in the same mind set as you two. I had a '93 Civic Si as well. The Fist is definitely like the early 90's sport compacts in relative size and weight but way more power from the factory. Now an S2000 would still be nice. I had an 07 MS6 fully bolted and setup for road course when I was at Heartland Park in Topeka, KS the last time an S2000 on coilovers only was destroying everyone else in the curves.

I miss the scream of the b16b. She’d run up to 10k rpm. However the fiesta still is a close rival of the 90’s car feel while having all the luxuries of a modern car. My only caveat is a b series can make serious power for cheap. 6-800hp is easily attainable with just a couple thousand whereas our car become kind of unclear after 450hp and that’s only if you can get there. Thankfully I’m now to place where I’m more than happy with some torque and don’t care much about having a high hp car.