Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

looking for help with my power steering

Mongoose01

hi all i am new to this forum and i am also loking for some help.
My power steering on my ST180 has packed up its now like driving a bedford TK from the 80s.
now my local ford dealer is a money grabbing sod and extremely Expensive.
i live in Aberystwyth wales SY231RF area.
Is there anyone who can help get my car back on the road my mate who services my cars cant get into the computer to get the codes to find out what part failed.
if there is anyone who can help please let me know
my contact number is 01970 639281.
Thanks in advance
Mike

Mike, Amazon UK sells the FIXD OBD monitor. It's a rather inexpensive unit that plugs into the diagnostic port under the dashboard. It communicates via a Smartphone App that is free and provides plain English descriptions of any codes thrown. I have one and have used it and it does work as advertised. In my case when I neglected to get the plug for the intake air temp sensor set completely home after and Air Filter change I got the wrench light and a car in the limp home mode. Plugged in my FIXD and hit the start button and the message Intake Air Temp came up on my Iphone. So my "repair" was to pop the bonnet and re-seat the plug on the Air Box Lid.

At this point the only fault I've found with the FIXD is that you cannot drive around with it plugged into the OBD port. Not because it won't function when driving but because it WILL fall out of the port. If for some reason you need to drive your car with the FIXD plugged in make sure to use a bit of tape to keep it secured.

PS; You do want to edit your initial post so that the Year of your car is listed. While these cars didn't change in appearance from year to year they did change under the hood and some changes were significant.