Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking for help

Lays

Hi everyone, I just got a 2015 Fiesta st about a week ago, I absolutely love the car, and have a decent amount of money laying around I'd like to spend on it, I just sold my motorcycle and paid off all of my debt and put some money in savings, and would like to spend the rest on the car.

After doing a lot of reading on here, I already ordered a traction bar, downpipe, intake, rear motor mount, short shift kit and wheels and tires.

I'll be autocrossing it come springtime with a bunch of friends, and I'd like some extra power as well. Not necessarily just for autocross, but for fun on the street and dragstrip someday as well.

I really would like to shoot for 300 wheel, I plan on ordering an exhaust and intercooler before saving up for a dyno tune and a different turbo. Is the stockish sized thicker intercooler enough? Or do I need to get a much bigger one?

Would a hybrid turbo from whoosh or the mountune mrx kit be my best option? I'd love to maintain the stock power curve for autocross, so I can have that down low grunt when I exit corners.

Thanks guys in advance, appreciate it.

slopoke

Get the Whoosh hybrid. If you want more hp with torque coming in just a tad later, order the S280. Depending on what your local emissions testing and inspections are, the Whoosh hybrid will fly under the radar, the S280 or MRX will not, because of the location of the recirc valve. Depending on your budget and hp goals, I'd get the Bravo Alpha intercooler, that's what I'm currently running. It's massive and works very well. If that's out of your price range, the latest version from Whoosh would be my next choice.

OP
L

Lays

Thread Starter #3
Get the Whoosh hybrid. If you want more hp with torque coming in just a tad later, order the S280. Depending on what your local emissions testing and inspections are, the Whoosh hybrid will fly under the radar, the S280 or MRX will not, because of the location of the recirc valve. Depending on your budget and hp goals, I'd get the Bravo Alpha intercooler, that's what I'm currently running. It's massive and works very well. If that's out of your price range, the latest version from Whoosh would be my next choice.
We have absolutely no emissions testing where I live, and also I should of mentioned, Surgeline tuning is like 30 mins away. It'd probably be best to have them dyno tune it afterwards right? Instead of an e tune or OTS

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Just remember, in January they are coming out with the new s290. They are dynoing it right now to see the power output. It should be comparable but better than the x57.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Also will you be running ethanol? Because if so your powers going to scale differently with ethanol than pump gas and you may need a fuel upgrade somewhere.

OP
L

Lays

Thread Starter #6
Also will you be running ethanol? Because if so your powers going to scale differently with ethanol than pump gas and you may need a fuel upgrade somewhere.

I'd like to, but the closest ethanol station is like an hour away, so probably not. 92 at shell is about as good as I can get. Although there is a vp station with 110 nearby, big spendy though 😂.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
92 should be fine. You still may need aux though. 310 is the max output of the stock system but at 300 go the hpfp starts to throttle. It goes from 180 psi to 165 psi to avoid over stress and throttles down so it doesn't damage the flat cam tappets it runs off of. If I were you I'd get single port injection from whoosh for added security. You can also use 54 lb injector in that or a 90 lb injector, they make both. Power output should be a safe 375 with stock hpfp and stock fuel pump but atleast it would have added reliability. That's why some fiestas are maxing out at 280 versus 310, more stress than the fuel system can handle.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Also, if you happen to order anything from pumaspeed or uk, know that bhp is crank horsepower. Assume you'll lose 20% of that through the drivetrain.

wetwea33

Just remember, in January they are coming out with the new s290. They are dynoing it right now to see the power output. It should be comparable but better than the x57.

S290 is a k16 core and is comparable to the x57rs and should be and will be 400whp+ capable and will be significantly larger. Will also spool alot later and if your staying with a stock motor there is no point in running it. The s280 is comparable to the x57 and x57r and should make between 350-375 on aux and ethanol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

wetwea33

92 should be fine. You still may need aux though. 310 is the max output of the stock system but at 300 go the hpfp starts to throttle. It goes from 180 psi to 165 psi to avoid over stress and throttles down so it doesn't damage the flat cam tappets it runs off of. If I were you I'd get single port injection from whoosh for added security. You can also use 54 lb injector in that or a 90 lb injector, they make both. Power output should be a safe 375 with stock hpfp and stock fuel pump but atleast it would have added reliability. That's why some fiestas are maxing out at 280 versus 310, more stress than the fuel system can handle.

The hpfp is not the limiting factor in the Fiestas fuel system its the injectors. You start running out of fuel pressure before the hpfp starts to run out of steam. Pumaspeed even makes a cam to push the stock hpfp a little further.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
The hpfp is not the limiting factor in the Fiestas fuel system its the injectors. You start running out of fuel pressure before the hpfp starts to run out of steam. Pumaspeed even makes a cam to push the stock hpfp a little further.

That's why I recommended single port injection versus replacing lpfp or hpfp. It also takes load off of the hpfp which negates the need to upgrade the cams to support more fuel.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Op for 300 hp do this, get yourself a good intake which can be found on the intake forum post, get you a decent intercooler. 300 isn't going to create as much heat as my build you can get by with a v1 intercooler from whoosh or the v3 but v3 is recommended for big turbo. Get yourself a high flo or decat downpipe with stock exhaust width. The exhaust on our cars flows great on stock size turbos and only becomes a problem on big turbos. Get yourself whooshes turbo or mrx and single port aux for the added security to reduce load on the hpfp as well as cleaner valves. Also gets yourself a good tuner. I use Jason from dizzytuning but we also have others such as tuneplus and stratified. As for suspension and handling, I'm still looking at this stuff for my car. I won't comment on things I don't know.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
And if you'd like to see my build as I'm working on it, look up Isabella de la fiesta.

wetwea33

That's why I recommended single port injection versus replacing lpfp or hpfp. It also takes load off of the hpfp which negates the need to upgrade the cams to support more fuel.

Okay but you dont need to take strain off the HPFP, the injectors are the problem. If you dont have ethanol in your area I wouldint waste your money on aux fuel I would get a meth kit. Making 300 on 91 with or without aux will be stretching it on either the whoosh or s280, it may be attainable on the s280 with a good tune. you will start getting alot of detonation up top on 91 running any higher boost then 25-26psi which will not make 300whp. I have an s280 with a single port tuning on 93 right now. Will be tuning on e40 in the spring.

OP
L

Lays

Thread Starter #15
Op for 300 hp do this, get yourself a good intake which can be found on the intake forum post, get you a decent intercooler. 300 isn't going to create as much heat as my build you can get by with a v1 intercooler from whoosh or the v3 but v3 is recommended for big turbo. Get yourself a high flo or decat downpipe with stock exhaust width. The exhaust on our cars flows great on stock size turbos and only becomes a problem on big turbos. Get yourself whooshes turbo or mrx and single port aux for the added security to reduce load on the hpfp as well as cleaner valves. Also gets yourself a good tuner. I use Jason from dizzytuning but we also have others such as tuneplus and stratified. As for suspension and handling, I'm still looking at this stuff for my car. I won't comment on things I don't know.

I have a Cobb intake on the way already that I ordered on black Friday with a coupon, and a depo racing high Flo cat that I ordered as well, should be good right?

Cobb tuning has a shop right next to me, (surgeline) so I'll probably have it dyno tuned there since it's super close.

I'm gonna drive up today and speak with them and ask some questions in person.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
They could give you some examples of what they've seen and give you some pointers on achieving that exact power level. The build I recommended was just a baseline. It would hit atleast 280 but you would atleast have a leg to stand on and adjust for that last 20. But if surgeline has a proven mod list for a car with Dyno results and you feel comfortable with the price of that setup, it'll save you a lot of heartache in the long run.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
@jeff has one of the cleanest best builds on this site in my opinion. Check out his build thread. He has a YouTube channel as well. He also has the power numbers that you want and it's proven on an actual real Dyno.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

wetwea33

@jeff has one of the cleanest best builds on this site in my opinion. Check out his build thread. He has a YouTube channel as well. He also has the power numbers that you want and it's proven on an actual real Dyno.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
He accomplished those numbers on e30