Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking for place to buy cobb equitment(ontario)

Hey guys. I love in the GTA( around toronto) and I am looking for a place to get some cobb equipment at good prices. I really have my eye on the RMM and accesport and have no issues ordering of their site but would be better to not have to wait at the door for weeks lol. Any suggestions? Willing to drive a bit for some parts. I am peel region for missisuaga brampton area

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Jrp in Mississauga should carry it last I checked. I could be wrong been a while. Other option is to get a cbi address in Niagara Falls and have it shipped there from any US vendor. Just need to drive to go pick it up.

OP
EnioMagFiST
Thread Starter #3
Jrp in Mississauga should carry it last I checked. I could be wrong been a while. Other option is to get a cbi address in Niagara Falls and have it shipped there from any US vendor. Just need to drive to go pick it up.
Thank you so much man. You are really on top of knowing everything lol props to you

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thank you so much man. You are really on top of knowing everything lol props to you
You are welcome. I would have suggested raptorracing.ca (vendor on here) but he does not carry Cobb. Most everything else he does. Worth knowing. If not on the site send and email.

OP
EnioMagFiST
Thread Starter #5
You are welcome. I would have suggested raptorracing.ca (vendor on here) but he does not carry Cobb. Most everything else he does. Worth knowing. If not on the site send and email.
I'm new to the fiesta st world and cobb seems like the biggest performance brand to get good bolt ons and numbers or am I wrong? I am eventually planning to have a stage 3 car at least. Would you route me in a different direction than the cobb products?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I'm new to the fiesta st world and cobb seems like the biggest performance brand to get good bolt ons and numbers or am I wrong? I am eventually planning to have a stage 3 car at least. Would you route me in a different direction than the cobb products?
Well yes Cobb is good. Their AP is the way to go. Mountune is another as they have a direct relationship with Ford and been doing it in the uk for several decades. But honestly I have not really seen one bad company. Maybe one part with some challenges but nothing I suggest to run screaming away. Look at the vendors on this site and you can see their offering and people's review.

Many buy the Cobb ap from a tuner to get a custom tune. Quite a few offer that. Stratefied, mountune, etc. They tune with logs from your driving. There are some local shops but it will be more money as they dyno them. And not many know turbos other than Subarus.

Right now here is really not much you can get that is a bad choice. Just read up on here or other sites. Follow a few build threads to see what has been done. Set a goal in mind and go for it.

OP
EnioMagFiST
Thread Starter #7
Awesome man thank you so much for all the help

Another local shop in Mississauga is Touge Tuning, they carry the Cobb product line. I'd check with them to see if they have it in stock though.

Another option to consider is to order it from Stratified out in BC because they will include their OTS tune with it, which is way better than the Cobb OTS imo.

Or, you could scour the local FB groups for a used unit. Just make sure the unit is unmarried.

Welcome to the club!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

OP
EnioMagFiST
Thread Starter #9
Another local shop in Mississauga is Touge Tuning, they carry the Cobb product line. I'd check with them to see if they have it in stock though.

Another option to consider is to order it from Stratified out in BC because they will include their OTS tune with it, which is way better than the Cobb OTS imo.

Or, you could scour the local FB groups for a used unit. Just make sure the unit is unmarried.

Welcome to the club!

Thank you very much and ya I'm worried about getting used due to it being married and the person goes a wal lol. And if I get from touge tuning it is still and accessible unit as in I can add maps? I have heard the m Tune is locked and reason why I am leaning away from it

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club

Welcome to the club!

Thanks I was think about touge tunning but forgot their name. Lol. I beleive they just finished moving so they may be a little slow as they have a few weeks of back log.

Thank you very much and ya I'm worried about getting used due to it being married and the person goes a wal lol. And if I get from touge tuning it is still and accessible unit as in I can add maps? I have heard the m Tune is locked and reason why I am leaning away from it
You can always check the AP on the spot. You can plug it into your car and check to see if it is unmarried on the AP menu.

The AP from Touge Tuning and Stratified are both the same as the unit you'd get from Cobb. The latter just has their tune preloaded on it, you can add other tunes on it no problem.

Thanks I was think about touge tunning but forgot their name. Lol. I beleive they just finished moving so they may be a little slow as they have a few weeks of back log.
Yep that's true. I dealt with them a lot when I had a Subaru and they've always been good to me.

OP
EnioMagFiST
Thread Starter #12
You can always check the AP on the spot. You can plug it into your car and check to see if it is unmarried on the AP menu.

The AP from Touge Tuning and Stratified are both the same as the unit you'd get from Cobb. The latter just has their tune preloaded on it, you can add other tunes on it no problem.

Yep that's true. I dealt with them a lot when I had a Subaru and they've always been good to me.

Amazing thank you guys so much. Great community to be part of now nothing but help from everyone :)

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Mtune is only part of the MP215 kit and is a Ford warranty certified tune. The Mountune Cobb AP with tune is a standard Cobb AP with a custom tune. Two different options. I have the mp215 so I know.

OP
EnioMagFiST
Thread Starter #15
Mtune is only part of the MP215 kit and is a Ford warranty certified tune. The Mountune AP with tune is a standard Cobb AP with a custom tune. Two different options. I have the mp215 so I know.
Ohh ok that makes sense. I found it very confusing all the info I have seen online

OP
EnioMagFiST
Thread Starter #17
Ya it can be. In this area trust someone that has they mtune not someone that read about it. Lots of interpretation out there.
That is for sure. Do you like the 215 tune? I have heard it's not very aggressive or different from the stock tune

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
That is for sure. Do you like the 215 tune? I have heard it's not very aggressive or different from the stock tune
This explanation won't help but it's true. It it better then the Cobb off the shelf tune (ots) level 1 and almost level 2. Lots of low and torque in first and second. A very solid tune but expensive. I will be getting the downpipe soon and doing the MR230 upgrade tune. That one seems to be a killer from what I have seen. That said any custom tune will be best for your car and the variables you have. Any standard or off the shelf tune is made to be safe for a wide range of mods. But hence the beauty of the Cobb ap you can switch tunes on the fly via the cruise control buttons. From Eco to pro tune. 4 slots available.

OP
EnioMagFiST
Thread Starter #19
This explanation won't help but it's true. It it better then the Cobb off the shelf tune (ots) level 1 and almost level 2. Lots of low and torque in first and second. A very solid tune but expensive. I will be getting the downpipe soon and doing the MR230 upgrade tune. That one seems to be a killer from what I have seen. That said any custom tune will be best for your car and the variables you have. Any standard or off the shelf tune is made to be safe for a wide range of mods. But hence the beauty of the Cobb ap you can switch tunes on the fly via the cruise control buttons. From Eco to pro tune. 4 slots available.
Ya see that's what I really like the fact that just on a daily I can change from eco to performance when I need to

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Ya see that's what I really like the fact that just on a daily I can change from eco to performance when I need to
Yup. For me it's called an ankle. Lol. I have no fear to drop it when I want to and enjoy my self withy the on and off ramps and a few other spots.