Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking to buy tires need help!

So I'm looking to do more autocross this year and can't decide what to do for tires.
I have a set of stock Fist Wheels I could use or use and a set of Contour SVT wheels that are 16x6.5 with 205-45R16 on them now that are my winter wheels at the moment. I was thinking just doing the Hancook azenis on my stock wheels but I know I have way more options with the SVT wheels but I just don't know what all would fit. I also think I could get some Federal 595 for the SVT wheels which I think I would do if I knew they'd fit. Thanks for any advice.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I would agree that the SVT Contour wheels wouldn't be my first choice for autocross wheels. Second, Falken makes the Azenis tires, not Hankook.

Since you may be new to this, I would go to Tire Rack and pick up a good set of extreme performance summer tires. Your main focus will be on learning courses and how to drive in an autocross setting. Lap times will come down more from that than tires. You can hide a lot of driver error with super sticky tires, so better to learn right. I found that out with R-compounds in my early days of autocrossing.

OEM wheels are typically heavy. The weight savings here is dramatic to the performance. Less weight to turn, less to stop.

I have run with SCCA in my past but aren't anymore, so i went with 15" Sparco Assetto Gara wheels and Federal 595 RS-R tires (140 TW)

i’m gonna stick with my stock wheels tires for this season and just learn the car. if i ever do get tires no question it will be on newer lighter wheels but with re-71s