Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Loud Clicking from engine bay

Hello everyone, it seems for the past few days or so my fiesta makes a very loud click every 10-15 seconds or so, seemingly from the top of the motor on the passenger side. Its really loud from a cold start, but I do not hear or at least notice it once I begin driving. Whenever the car comes back to an idle however, it still makes the noise, but much quieter. It may be a coincidence, but I only really noticed it after I changed my oil and installed a turbosmart kompact shortie plumb blow off valve. (on the same day)

Hopefully this was a good enough description lol, if not I can take a video of it occurring. Thanks!

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Mileage? Possibly the cam bucket failing? Not sure if you can actually hear this failing... Just happens to be there in the spot your concerned with.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
OP
jtburto
Thread Starter #5
Its one singular click that occurs every 10-15 seconds or so, and it does not appear to ever stop occuring, it just gets quieter and less frequent as the car is running.

It isn't the blend door actuator unfortunately, as the noise is originating in the engine bay. Its very hard to pinpoint exactly where its coming from, but it seems to be coming from the region around my oil dipstick and the accessory belt. You can hear it easier when outside the car, its much fainter inside the car.

It kind of reminds me of like a relay click, or maybe like a solenoid trying and unable to engage or something. There appears to be a few solenoids in that area, (between the oil dipstick and crossover tube) maybe one is failing to engage? The car has no issues running and driving though.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Okay, check your camshaft solenoids. There's an exhaust and intake camshaft solenoid right above the belt.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is your AC or defrost on? If so, try with it off. Could be a relay operating, injector noise, really anything. Hard to say without a video.

OP
jtburto
Thread Starter #11

Clicking sound at 0:02, 0:18, and 0:44

Sorry for the late response, but heres a quick (and terrible lol) video of the sound. I just got home, but once my car cools down later Ill take a better one, since it only does it loudly on a cold start. Once the car warms up it pretty much stops. I've had a few people, including an technician friend of mine, try to figure it out to no avail.

I move around in the video so much because its very hard to tell exactly where its coming from. Not sure if it means much, but when I rest my hand on my crossover pipe, I can feel the click at the same time the noise occurs.

Just because I happened to notice it after the BOV install, I put the stock BOV back on and it still makes the noise, so its not that.

I do not feel anything from those solenoids when the click occurs, and my hvac system is completely turned off.