Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Loud noise while changing from 1st to 2nd gear.

Would appreciate help to clarify what this noise might be. Noise occurred at the lights while taking off and changing to 2nd gear. Sounded very loud, like a bang followed with metallic noises i honestly thought the car was done for. Runs fine now, but worried of a recurrence.

Here is the video of the on board dash cam, the noise can be heard at the start of the video.

Thank-you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z6TeZkjFdQ&feature=youtu.be

OP
S
Thread Starter #4
Yep that's the one. I remember a loud bang and then a churning of metal sound. In a panic, I looked down to see if it was in gear and it was. So I instantly pulled in the clutch and put it in neutral and then back into second and it was fine. Very odd

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Sounds like you grinded the gears... you released the clutch before you were firmly shifted into gear.

I ground the gear shifting into reverse a bit lazily I guess the other day and oh boy did it sound like someone threw a wrench into my gearbox. Usually when I have had the very rare gear-grinding incident in our other cars it hasn't sounded nearly as catastrophic.