Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Low Beam adjustment screws ?

Hello all. I recently replaced my low beam LEDs. I have the positioning as good as i can (bulbs at 3/9) but i notice my right light vertical line is just a hair lower than my left light. It's driving me crazy, maybe an OCD... So i recently saw an article where somebody mentions a screw to adjust the lights on another vehicle. Does the FiST have this?

The way they described it, there's a screw to turn one way for up adjustment, the other way for down. Is this on the FIST?

So i recently saw an article where somebody mentions a screw to adjust the lights on another vehicle. Does the FiST have this?

The way they described it, there's a screw to turn one way for up adjustment, the other way for down. Is this on the FIST?
You can use a phillips head but you'd be applying torque directly against a plastic gear. I believe there's also a nob that uses a 1/2" socket.

DEss

danbfree

3000 Post Club
You can use a phillips head but you'd be applying torque directly against a plastic gear. I believe there's also a nob that uses a 1/2" socket.

DEss
I found when I still had the reflectors that the notches of a good size Philips head matched up well with those gears, so that's the easiest way to get that passenger side turned up a bit for him. Just make sure you use nice and smooth slow motion to engage the gear right, I'm pretty sure that's how Ford says to do it, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #5
I found when I still had the reflectors that the notches of a good size Philips head matched up well with those gears, so that's the easiest way to get that passenger side turned up a bit for him. Just make sure you use nice and smooth slow motion to engage the gear right, I'm pretty sure that's how Ford says to do it, so it shouldn't be a big deal.
Thanks for the confirmation guys. I will have a gander for the screw location, also would using a rubber band help? I saw one of those life hacks videos years ago that showed using a rubber band for a stripped screw head helps, this sounds like a similar thing.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thanks for the confirmation guys. I will have a gander for the screw location, also would using a rubber band help? I saw one of those life hacks videos years ago that showed using a rubber band for a stripped screw head helps, this sounds like a similar thing.
It's not an issue, that's how Ford tells you to do it right in the manual. Just make sure your large philips head is seated down in there good so you don't have any chance of stripping it out. But yeah, you want the passenger side slightly higher than the driver side and then you should be good.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #7
It's not an issue, that's how Ford tells you to do it right in the manual. Just make sure your large philips head is seated down in there good so you don't have any chance of stripping it out. But yeah, you want the passenger side slightly higher than the driver side and then you should be good.
Good deal, thank you guys for the help. Once dark tonight i'll get em fixed up. Cheers.

HBEcoBeaST

Honestly a 1/2" socket wrench is the way to go. After installing my techmax lowbeams I had to adjust my lights down a bit. I have a few big philips screwdrivers but none seemed to work without risk of stripping that plastic 'gear'. It took a bit of ratcheting to see a difference but there's a lot of adjustment range.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Honestly a 1/2" socket wrench is the way to go. After installing my techmax lowbeams I had to adjust my lights down a bit. I have a few big philips screwdrivers but none seemed to work without risk of stripping that plastic 'gear'. It took a bit of ratcheting to see a difference but there's a lot of adjustment range.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Don't know what to say dude, a medium philips head works perfect, seems far easier to find and is how Ford tells you how to do it. You're not gonna strip out a plastic gear when you just use the right screwdriver and follow how it says right in the manual, but whatever, over-complicate just a few turns for someone who is just looking for a simple solution.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #10
Don't know what to say dude, a medium philips head works perfect, seems far easier to find and is how Ford tells you how to do it. You're not gonna strip out a plastic gear when you just use the right screwdriver and follow how it says right in the manual, but whatever, over-complicate just a few turns for someone who is just looking for a simple solution.
FWIW i used a screwdriver and it worked fine. You can feel there's some wiggle as it's plastic but i was just gentle and it worked fine. Got my right light even with the left now, i appreciate all who helped, thx guys.

HBEcoBeaST

It might work easier on your car or you might have the perfect size philips. None of mine would turn the plastic 'gear' without skipping and damaging the plastic. The 1/2" socket isn't exactly hard, but to each their own