Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Low boost blues

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
I have the stage 2 E30 tune from Jason running and it was great for a while. I could peak at 23.88psi boost but then something happened and the best I can get it 12psi now. I made sure I am not in eco mode. Any suggestions?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Do you have the data logs for the 20+ psi pull and the low boost one? If so you can compare WGDC and make sure you’re on the right tune if they match.

Boost leaks have been the culprit for me. I leak test by removing the elbow from turbo and throttle body. Cap the throttle body end and put a boost leak tester in the turbo end and put 20ish psi into it and spray with soapy water.

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #5
Do you have the data logs for the 20+ psi pull and the low boost one? If so you can compare WGDC and make sure you’re on the right tune if they match.

Boost leaks have been the culprit for me. I leak test by removing the elbow from turbo and throttle body. Cap the throttle body end and put a boost leak tester in the turbo end and put 20ish psi into it and spray with soapy water.

No, I had just uploaded the tune and went to a buddy's house to brag. It did a number of pulls over 20 psi but now it's 12 psi. When I can get on a lift, I will soap test everything. I feel like I shook something off or it blew off but not enough to set a CEL.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
No, I had just uploaded the tune and went to a buddy's house to brag. It did a number of pulls over 20 psi but now it's 12 psi. When I can get on a lift, I will soap test everything. I feel like I shook something off or it blew off but not enough to set a CEL.
Yeah most likely a boost leak somewhere. Hot side charge pipe and both intercooler hose clamps are the most likely culprits.