Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

low boost

jalm919

Just got a new too me 2019 with 40,00o miles on it. I have a accessport and the boost only goes to around 18 psi. Where would I start to look at too get the boost numbers up ?

OP
J

jalm919

Thread Starter #3
I thought it was on stage 2 . I'll check that tommorow. The car has catless exhaust , radiator, intercooler, intake , and turbosmart bov. Pretty sure the turbo is stock though. How many psi could it be doin?

I have a Dizzy stage 2 tune and the peak I see is about 26 (condition dependent) that then of course drops off quickly as revs rise with the stock turbo.

I believe most tunes would be roughly the same. Check your tune. If you do in fact have an aftermarket tune, look for potential boost leaks. Mine are typically on the hot side but if you still have the stock symposer that’s a typical boost leaker

OP
J

jalm919

Thread Starter #5
Been awhile, but i changed my map today. My used cobb v3 had a map labeled stratified flash tune 2016-2019 usdm fiesta st v4.10 . So I loaded it and now boost hits 26+ psi consistently. I have no other info about the tune , is it fine to run with premium gas only? It seems to run ok but does backfire and crackle when I let off after I run a high rear out.