Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Low frequency vibrations clutch out in neutral

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Just noticed it yesterday. 2014, 143k miles. Pretty sure the original clutch. When I clutch in it goes away and I see the rpm’s come up to about 800rpm, when I let the clutch out the rpm’s dip and stay down around 740-760rpm.

Sounds like the clutch is dragging on the flywheel a little. Had that problem on a previous car caused by my throw out(thrust depending on manufacture nonmeclmeture) bearing being toast and catching on the output. Hopefully that isn't the case for you as I needed to replace the clutch,fly wheel and get the crank replaced as the output shaft took a beating and filing and sanding smooth would not work. Was expensive back in 2007 so I can't even imagine what it would be like now. Could also be a myriad of other things as my issue was on a 1995 Saturn SL2 5spd(RIP my little Honda eater) lol.

Last edited: