Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

“Low Profile” Symposer Delete

Dialcaliper

Just wanted to share something I found. The previous owner saved me the grief of removing the Symposer, but I wasn’t really happy with the gaudy and expensive aftermarket logo plugs out there hanging off the dangling hose.

Fortunately, I found that a 1-3/8” (35mm) silicone coolant hose cap fits perfectly, and looks much cleaner. The 3-ply type are typically rated to 65psi or so just like most other silicone intake and cooling hoses, so no concerns with boost pressure. I used this one that was only $13 plus shipping (bring your own hose clamp)

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=32932

There’s another one in this odd 35mm size out there by Boost Products, but unfortunately their cap is little too short to get a good hose clamp grip on. Pictures attached - I like the nice clean look.

EE3125EB-31FC-4C68-A63F-FC870300A143.jpeg D925EEF4-3464-487B-826E-F6D9F01B52A3.jpeg 6249BF2A-D269-4B30-83FC-7048A91079EA.jpeg

Last edited:
I just used a grey pvc pipe plug found for pennies at the hardware store. It doesn't stand out that much of the rest.

OP
Dialcaliper

Dialcaliper

Thread Starter #4
That one looks nice too, and presumably includes the clamp (the one I got was just the cap for that price, no clamp). Does it slip all the way down to the shoulder? The domed one from Boost Products did not and seemed like the clamp was just barely on the edge of the hose, which made me a bit uncomfortable (no margin to keep the clamp from working it’s way off). The Pegasus cap slips on nicely all the way down to the plastic shoulder.

I might have gone for this Woosh one had I seen it, but the logo-free option had a certain appeal to it.

Last edited:

Mikey456

I would prefer something stealthier. Like plugging the boost pipe and keeping the sound symposer in place thereby looking stock for inspection but maintaining boost.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I stuck a rubber cork inside mine. Still looks stock, so no problems when I go to smog.
Folks that have swapped out intake and exhaust hardware could rupture the "speaker" or bladder in the symposer assembly. For us otherwise stockers, the plug option makes all the sense.

Ford Community Posts