Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

low viscosity AND extreme boiling point fluid: Wilwood EXP 600 Plus

I discovered that Wilwood EXP 600 Plus has similar viscosity as OEM DOT 4 LV brake fluid, they advertise dry boiling points of 626 °F - seems to be a good solution for people that want ABS on the street but high boiling point on the track, and are rdy to flush often.

viscosity @20°C:
5-10 mm²/s (Ford OEM: 12 mm²/s)

anybody tried it already?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
NOTED; the "ready to flush often" statement, as the Bosch, Ate, or even the factory Motorcraft LV fluids will last longer without taking on as much moisture, for longer flush/change out street use intervals of 2 years or slightly more.

The EXP 600's wet boiling point (417*F) is very good, but it is not leaps and bounds better than any of the street LV fluids, like the Castrol SRF's 518*F.

(YES, I know that for open track use the DRY boiling point is ALL that matters, since it is going to be bled/flushed very often, to the point that moisture absorption does not matter at all. [wink])

OP
Rutschpartie
Thread Starter #3
NOTED; the "ready to flush often" statement, as the Bosch, Ate, or even the factory Motorcraft LV fluids will last longer without taking on as much moisture, for longer flush/change out street use intervals of 2 years or slightly more.

The EXP 600's wet boiling point (417*F) is very good, but it is not leaps and bounds better than any of the street LV fluids, like the Castrol SRF's 518*F.

(YES, I know that for open track use the DRY boiling point is ALL that matters, since it is going to be bled/flushed very often, to the point that moisture absorption does not matter at all. [wink])
honestly, i have NO idea if 15%-20% increased dry boiling point from the best LV to racing fluids is really a game changer...its impossible for me to measure the temp of the fluid during track use... I can only tell if there is bad fading or not, at the amateur level I drive at I am not rly able to tell of this is from 30° more in the fluid or slighlty heavier braking. But maybe every bit helps!

Also the AP racing R2-R4 fluids have similar low viscosity! I will try them this spring and report.