Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Make it go fast in a straight line

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
If its an ST and not a Non- ST...Sure. It can be done with a little bit of elbow grease and some moola! Next up....What's the budget? First thing id do is sit down...Formulate a game plan...decide on what you want and how much you wanna spend. Then go from there...Good luck! Godspeed!

Last edited:
OP
Devonte Billups
Thread Starter #6
Oh yes I absolutely agree this is a car made for handling not going a 1/4 mile in a straight line super fast but I don’t see it much and that what grabbed my attention with this type of build and as far as the budget once I start working a real job the possibilities are endless

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Rear motor mount, passenger motor mount,
2 point subframe brace at minimum, decent intercooler, a tune, pulling the spare and maybe even the back seat for drag nights should get high 13 with practice.

I know my car ran 14.6 on the stock re50 wheels and tires with only the spare pulled and the above mods on an absolutely abysmally hot and humid day. Id like to see how it runs in decent weather.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Oh yes I absolutely agree this is a car made for handling not going a 1/4 mile in a straight line super fast but I don’t see it much and that what grabbed my attention with this type of build and as far as the budget once I start working a real job the possibilities are endless
Do you mean run 13's with slicks in strip-ready form, or are you talking daily driver status capable of knocking off 13's without any prep? There's a difference. If you want to spend all your time at the drag strip the FiST is not the ideal car - it's a square peg round hole situation. It's do-able, but is it worth it when you can buy a used SRT4, mustang, etc. and do those times stock? (i only list the srt4 because I had one and it was dipping into the mid 13's with tires and an intake, and you can get a used one dirt cheap.) a fox body mustang can do easy 11's and 12's for not much money and the cars only a few grand.

FJ16

Upgraded turbo + supporting mods + tune + wheels/tires will likely put you in the mid to high 12's. If you wrench it all yourself (and source out the tune) you're likely looking at ~$4k (without LSD)? The big question with that number to me is if you NEED an LSD to get you there - that's a tougher project that a lot of people aren't willing to take on themselves... but I doubt it's absolutely necessary to crack the 12's.

Edit: Actually, does anyone know what the stock turbo can do maxed out? E30, all supporting mods, 15" slicks, etc? I bet you could get damn close to 13.00 after some practice and without a turbo upgrade...

Last edited: