Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MAP has Carbon Fiber from Seibon!

Trader history for maperformance (0)

maperformance

The doors say 2 door hatch, is it the same for the 4 door fronts?

Sent from the Canyon's Edge

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Doors?! F'in doors! Talk about support for our platform. Wish they made a hatch too

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #5
The doors say 2 door hatch, is it the same for the 4 door fronts?

Yep just confirmed these are the front doors out of the 4 :)

Doors?! F'in doors! Talk about support for our platform. Wish they made a hatch too

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
Haha they are quite a kind and quick moving company that just loves making cool stuff that also is super high quality.

-Adam

Very nice. I wouldn't mind those doors and hatch, but it's a bit spendy lol

Pretty pretty please may I have carbon fiber doors and a hatch? My kids love the stuff, you wouldn't deny them would you?

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #9
I dearly wish I could! Cute kids! The weight savings might make up for their growing lol.

Haha, thanks. Yeah MAYBE, the boy is getting huge. He's messing up my weight distribution lol. Anyway, all those pieces and more are on my eventual to-do list. I signed up for their trade in program. Hopefully they will bite on something.

M-Sport fan

8000 Post Club
About how much weight is saved with the hood over factory, and then with each door over factory?

The hoods are ONLY 'lift-off' type right now, or do they have the back hinge mounts, just not the front factory latch locking assembly??

Any options for the 'Aero Catch' type pins to be pre-installed on the hoods (scared to death of ruining cf, and don't trust myself to even attempt it)?

I would expect to save 50 lbs or so with the whole set ( hood, hatch, doors) maybe a bit more, But not much unless you go delete crazy and get rid of everything inside of the doors and hatch too.

I believe they use all factory mounting points, including the latch. But pins are always highly recommended on the hoods.

D1JL

6000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
The hoods are ONLY 'lift-off' type right now, or do they have the back hinge mounts, just not the front factory latch locking assembly??

Any options for the 'Aero Catch' type pins to be pre-installed on the hoods (scared to death of ruining cf, and don't trust myself to even attempt it)?

They both mount and latch using OEM hardware.
I have had the hood and hatch on my car for some time now and have no problems with the OEM latches.

We looked into using the Aero Catch pins but unfortunately they do not set in a flat spot so they don't look or work good.

BTW, you may note, it is my car in the photos provided.
You can see more by clicking the links below in signature.

I would expect to save 50 lbs or so with the whole set ( hood, hatch, doors) maybe a bit more, But not much unless you go delete crazy and get rid of everything inside of the doors and hatch too.

No doubt, as you save almost 30 lbs. with just the hood and hatch.

Dave