Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MAPerformance - Quick Update on Fiesta ST Intercooler

Trader history for maperformance (0)

maperformance

I just wanted to give everyone an update on this project.
DSC_0615.JPG
We are just getting into machining of the end tanks.
DSC_0616.JPG
Since the operations are relatively complex, we are doing them in process steps.
DSC_0617.JPG
I would estimate about 1.5-2 weeks to complete all operations for the end tanks.
DSC_0618.JPG
And then another week or so to complete welding!
DSC_0621.JPG
At that point, we should have 20 completed units ready to ship!
DSC_0622.JPG
Features
6061 CNC Machined Billet Endtanks
27x6x3 Core
Supports up to 500whp
100% direct replacement (works with stock and aftermarket piping)
Benefits
100% Direct Fit
Made in the USA

499.00 Shipped to the 48 states!

For more information, please click HERE!

koozy

3000 Post Club
Hahahahaha... I think there are a lot of people in the same boat with you. That little stocker needs some help...lol
Yah... a few of us have been waiting for MAP to catch up with the basic bolt-on hardware like exhaust, intake, and intercooler that have been on the market by other vendors for quite some time. We understand that MAP wants to also tap into that market, but turbo upgrade options are still slim and the ideas Adam shared with turbo upgrade development had many of us intrigued and hopeful.

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #9
To actually provide conclusive and comparable date, one would have to dissect the stock intercooler to measure for internal capacity/volume... even then, fin density, something not so easy to measure, plays a crucial role in the efficiency and max HP support of any given intercooler. That being said, if we were to draw a line of comparison with the least amount of variables, for the purposes of this conversation, let's hypothesize that the intercoolers have roughly the same fin density and support the same amount of internal volume/capacity, ETC (they certainly don't, but again, to give an indication of the differences, we have to start from somewhere). Sheer capacity to capacity comparison, our core has AT LEAST 63% more internal capacity over a stock intercooler, again... those numbers actually play out accurately with what we know about the car as it seems the intercooler is actually specifically designed to support EXACTLY stock HP.

For your information, I am basing the math off of our known core size:
660mm by 152mm by 76mm
and what I believe are the best approximate factory core sizes I have:
710mm by 135mm by 50mm

Thanks!! I'll have to go put the squeeze on the piggy bank I guess.

I think I'm just going to stop looking at your posts.

LOL

I just placed my order yesterday for the IC, Charge pips W/ BOV and CAI! Could not be happier with the service, I first sent a PM through the forum and heard back very quick. They were very honest with me about build times and checked first to make sure I was ok with waiting a bit longer for delivery. After having a couple questions answered by the sales manager on the forum I went on to do a quote through email with a sales rep. The whole experience was excellent and I absolutely cant wait to receive my parts! When I decide to do a turbo swap I will definitely be considering MAP first!

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #13
Thanks so much for the kind words! Make sure to reach out to me next time you're in need and I will be happy to help!

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #14
12191554_10153658255563418_6398254500579500092_n.jpg

12196294_10153658257823418_7790663722926014601_n.jpg

12219483_10153658253413418_5869908284141922415_n.jpg

Just a little teaser! 7 of these are getting buttoned up TODAY!

Anyone who pre-ordered should be seeing some movement shortly... more on the way!

Nate​

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #16
HAHAHAHA... fair enough... What I should have specified, to be clear, if you purchased your intercooler already... then we will be shipping VERY VERY shortly! These are wrapping up. Essentially, I consider any order placed prior to completed manufacture to fall into the category of pre-order...you, for example... are absolutely pre-order! After this run is complete, I expect to have a couple left over... we will likely immediately follow up with a second run just to get inventory levels up!

That's great to here even more excited now! Would it be possible to include a sticker or two when you ship, I like to support the brands I use as much as possible!

GAbOS

I looked all over but couldn't find any pictures of the IC installed behind the bumper. Are there any floating around that I missed?

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #20
I looked all over myself, and I can't find any pictures although I know they have been taken! lol

We might have to wait for Adam to get back from SEMA... I will get some pictures together and get it updated for you guys!