Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Max roof weight? for roof rack...

Does anyone know the FiST's roof weight limit?

Was looking at the thule and Yakima roof racks, for the occasional camping trip.

I did some 'google' searching and found two different numbers... 75kg and 40kg (160lbs/80lbs)...

I read through the fiesta manual and could only find information regarding in car payloads...

Harvick

1000 Post Club
You'll probably exceed the rack limits before you exceed the hood weight limit. I also tried looking around for you but wasnt able to find much info on the roof capacity.

OP
K
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for checking,

I'll call Ford, and update.

OP
K
Thread Starter #4
So I contacted Ford Customer support today.

They will not provide me the details of the weight until I give them a VIN # (Which I don't have yet as the car won't be built till late February or March).... I told them the specific details of the vehicle but they refused to answer.

If anyone finds out before march pls let me know.

OP
K
Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the #Vin - Ford canada rep told me 'uh I don't think you can use one on fiestas'... [?|]

Contacted Dealer and Rackattack. Both agreed to go by the rating on the roof rack. So for the official ford accessory by Thule its 110lbs.

Perry

Only 110 lbs?! Dang. I was gonna tie the dog crate up there along with the camping supplies. [:)]

Thanks for the info, it's plenty enough for 2 bikes or skis.

I'll definitely be looking at those when the spring comes around.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
From Ford Customer Service, they also based it off the rack's limit.
Based on the installation instructions, it's rated at 95 lbs of cargo for a total max on the roof of 110 (15 lbs for the kit.) There is also a speed recommendation of 50 mph, with caution recommended between 50 and the max of 80 mph.

I'm thinking of a way to put a kayak on the roof myself, so this is good info. And I didn't ford made an official roof rack for the fiesta either.