Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mechanical boost gauge won’t read over 15psi

I installed an Autometer mechanical boost gauge last night and it works great up to 15psi and then just stops while the AP keeps climbing to 25psi. It’s a very simple setup so I have no idea what it could be. Possibly a faulty gauge?
BAA653A2-D124-47D3-8C13-AF8C9B591298.jpeg

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I installed an Autometer mechanical boost gauge last night and it works great up to 15psi and then just stops while the AP keeps climbing to 25psi. It’s a very simple setup so I have no idea what it could be. Possibly a faulty gauge?
View attachment 41406
Why not use the Ap3 as a Boost? Why Add unnecessary clutter to a vehicle that already has a boost gauge? It's an Autometer also. They aren't what they used to be I might add.Where did you set up the line to read the pressure off of? Check and make sure the hose isn't pinched* then make sure the connections are tight like a tiga!tiger!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
bflan2001
Thread Starter #3
I used a boost tap at the factory boost sensor, lines are clear and sealed.

I want an actual sweeping gauge, I prefer it to just reading a number off the AP. Also this will free up a slot for reading more important things on the AP. If I can get it working properly I think the Autometer gauge looks great. 🤷 I got an oil temp gauge as well but I don’t think the sandwich place will fit with my aftermarket radiator.