Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MeisterR GT1 pics and thoughts

Trader history for TemecFist (0)

OP
TemecFist

TemecFist

Thread Starter #21
My car tramlined with the RE50’s. Once I put the Feddys on excessive tramline went away of course I should say I tortured the RE50’s. lol
As I did not even make 10k on them.
You are right about Pros and Cons to both I do have a bit of toe on my car right now and I am going to be dialing in more negative up front after I put my Camber plates in the rear. I also decided to install the Hotchkis rear bar after putting my rear Camber plates on. It should be interesting.
My car also pulls street duty and hopefully should see the track one of these days. Though that is hard to predict when given the current situation.
Camber and toe settings change under hard braking, acceleration, and cornering which helps to even out tire wear (for a non DD car). I'm still a firm believer that camber does not cause excessive wear, toe does. Lots of camber AND incorrect/excessive toe will seriously increase the wear tho which is why having an alignment spot on is detrimental. It's like fire and gasoline mixed together.
Toe in or toe out really depends on each person's driving style. I run 1/16" toe IN. I prefer toe in because I run bigger, more open tracks and I feel that toe in makes the car more stable at higher speeds and under hard braking. If I did AX, then I would prob want toe OUT which would help the car rotate quicker, and since AX is generally slower, there isnt a huge need for straight line stability with high speeds and hard braking. That's just my personal opinion tho. Everyone likes their own personal set up.
I have tried pretty much every setup for the rear. Sway bars, torsion bars (race and street) made the car unbalanced. They caused alot more oversteer and made the rear too stiff. Now, I'm not running anything in the rear. Super stiff isnt always the answer. Just my .02.
Looks like the tracks might be opening back up next month. I just got an email this morning. Keep your fingers crossed and maybe we can all get back to having some fun. Lol

I've had the MeisterR GT1 for a while now, 5Kg/3Kg, they certainly are decent.

I encourage you to do some testing on the toe for your setup, I've done plenty.

OP
TemecFist

TemecFist

Thread Starter #23
I've had the MeisterR GT1 for a while now, 5Kg/3Kg, they certainly are decent.

I encourage you to do some testing on the toe for your setup, I've done plenty.
I'm good with my toe setup as well as my camber settings.

So far the only negative that "might" come out of these, is that the car seems to have a little more body roll.
It's possible to have more body roll than stock on the softer settings. I experience the same problem with my MeisterR ZetaCRD (5k/3k springs).. the car rolls more and has worse body control than stock dampers if I'm on the 'comfort' settings. But I can't complain for sub $1K coil-over kit.

Look forward to track impressions, I might upgrade to the GT1 eventually.

WestEnd also did my alignments, best shop in SoCal :) . I ran -2.5 Front with camber bolts and zero toe. Very good tire wear for a road car that sees a couple track days a year and some spirited canyon driving once a month. Downside of zero toe is slightly nervous handling in the wet, and some tramlining on the highway :p

OP
TemecFist

TemecFist

Thread Starter #25
It's possible to have more body roll than stock on the softer settings. I experience the same problem with my MeisterR ZetaCRD (5k/3k springs).. the car rolls more and has worse body control than stock dampers if I'm on the 'comfort' settings. But I can't complain for sub $1K coil-over kit.

Look forward to track impressions, I might upgrade to the GT1 eventually.

WestEnd also did my alignments, best shop in SoCal :) . I ran -2.5 Front with camber bolts and zero toe. Very good tire wear for a road car that sees a couple track days a year and some spirited canyon driving once a month. Downside of zero toe is slightly nervous handling in the wet, and some tramlining on the highway :p
I've since pretty much eliminated the body roll, so no more problems there. Maybe, in the future, I might try a stiffer springs rate, but I'm not sure how much that wwould actually help TBH.
Agreed! West End is awesome!!!
I'm running 1/8" toe in (helps me for straight line high speed stability). I still stand by my opinion...toe kills tires, not camber. Glad to see your running a nice camber set up.